Our global projects lawyers have advised on some of the most noteworthy debt financing transactions in the energy and infrastructure sectors with a long track record of success that dates back to our active role in the evolution of the independent power industry in the United States.
We have extensive experience advising borrowers, lenders, equity investors and hedge providers in connection with large-scale project financings involving numerous lenders and complex intercreditor arrangements. Our experience in this regard is renowned globally and is demonstrated by the successful financing of numerous complex projects. We regularly represent domestic and foreign commercial and investment banks, bilateral and multilateral agencies, export credit agencies, financial institutions, investment funds, venture capital firms and energy companies as arrangers, agents, lenders and borrowers.
We advise clients on a range of financing transactions including commercial bank financing, Term Loan B financing, agency financing, private placements, project bonds and leveraged financing.
Our areas of work include
- Agency finance
- Asset finance, including equipment financing
- Debt financing
- Energy projects, including LNG, oil and gas, renewables and power and transmission
- Financial institutions
- Infrastructure, including roads, bridges and airports
- Investment funds
- Renewables and sustainability, including solar, wind, geothermal, nuclear and biomass
- Structured financing
- Tax equity
- Telecom financing
- Workouts and restructurings
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Banking and Finance, Chambers and Partners, 2023
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Projects: PPP and Infrastructure, Chambers and Partners, 2023
- Chambers Global, Canada: Projects: PPP and Infrastructure, Chambers and Partners, 2022
- IFLR 1000 Canada, Banking, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2022
- IFLR 1000 Canada, Project Development, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2022
- IFLR 1000 Canada, Project Finance, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2022
- Legal 500 Canada, Banking and Finance, The Legal 500, 2023
- Legal 500 Canada, Infrastructure and Projects, The Legal 500, 2023