Our global InsurTech lawyers provide clients with transactional advice, as well as counsel on the legal and regulatory challenges and risks related to deploying technology in insurance-related transactions and processes.
InsurTech encompasses the rapidly evolving use of technology in insurance-related transactions and processes. These developments are transforming both the retail and commercial sectors of the insurance industry. As insurance is a regulated industry, ensuring compliance with laws and regulations is especially relevant in this ever-changing market.
Our multi-disciplinary InsurTech practice, which forms part of our wider global FinTech practice, integrates lawyers with a wide range of industry and technical expertise and legal competencies and operates across the globe.
Our recent experience includes advising some of the world’s leading insurance companies as well as InsurTech start-ups on the legal and regulatory issues relating to potential use cases and the deployment of InsurTech. We also advise insurance consortia on their formation and governance as well as their deployment of technology.
Our areas of work include
- Artificial intelligence
- Blockchain and distributed ledgers
- Distribution and capacity arrangements and product design
- Insurance regulation
- Initial coin offerings and token sales
- InsurTech M&A
- Intellectual property ownership and trademarking
- Investments, including venture capital, equity capital market fundraising, private equity and debtfinance
- Joint ventures and consortia
- Membership and digital media
- Smart contracts
- Telematics and connected devices
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Information Technology, Chambers and Partners, 2018
- Chambers Global, Canada: Information Technology, Chambers and Partners, 2018
- Legal 500 Canada: Technology, The Legal 500, 2018