Our global transport practice is comprised of 400 lawyers who deliver in-depth knowledge of the global aviation, rail and shipping industries. As one of the leading full-service legal practices in the transport sector, our lawyers provide clients with a comprehensive understanding of how transportation industries operate on a local and global scale.
Our world-class lawyers have a long-standing track record of innovation in the transport sector, with experience in all forms of finance and leasing structures, litigation and disputes matters and corporate dealings spanning M&A, private equity, joint ventures, strategic alliances and other forms of cooperation.
With lawyers in every major global financial center, our transport law team also works in close collaboration with our lawyers in energy, infrastructure and resources; financial institutions; and technology, enabling us to provide support on any issues affecting our transport clients.
Our areas of work include
- Antitrust and competition, including international regulatory systems and controls
- Asset finance
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Crisis management, including global emergency response
- Health and safety
- Islamic finance
- Litigation and disputes, including multi-jurisdictional litigation (MDL)
- M&A, strategic alliances and other forms of cooperation
- Private equity and venture capital
- Sustainability and climate change, including carbon finance and environmental law
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Transportation: Shipping (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Transportation: Aviation, Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Legal 500 Canada, Transport: Shipping (Tier 1), The Legal 500, 2022
- Legal 500 Canada, Transport: Aviation, The Legal 500, 2022
- Legal 500 Canada, Transport: Other, The Legal 500, 2022