Our global transport practice is comprised of 400 lawyers who deliver in-depth knowledge of the global aviation, rail and shipping industries. As one of the leading full-service legal practices in the transport sector, our lawyers provide clients with a comprehensive understanding of how transportation industries operate on a local and global scale.
Our world-class lawyers have a long-standing track record of innovation in the transport sector, with experience in all forms of finance and leasing structures, dispute resolution and litigation matters and corporate dealings spanning M&A, private equity, joint ventures, strategic alliances and other forms of cooperation.
With lawyers in every major global financial center, our transport law team also works in close collaboration with our lawyers in energy, infrastructure, mining and commodities, financial institutions and technology, enabling us to provide support on any issues affecting our transport clients.
Our areas of work include
- Antitrust and competition, including international regulatory systems and controls
- Asset finance
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Crisis management, including global emergency response
- Dispute resolution and litigation, including multi-jurisdictional litigation (MDL)
- Health and safety
- Islamic finance
- M&A, strategic alliances and other forms of cooperation
- Private equity and venture capital
- Sustainability and climate change, including carbon finance and environmental law
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Transportation: Shipping (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Transportation: Aviation, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Transportation: Rail and Road, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Legal 500 Canada, Transport: Shipping (Tier 1), The Legal 500, 2020
- Legal 500 Canada, Transport: Aviation, The Legal 500, 2020
- Legal 500 Canada, Transport: Other, The Legal 500, 2020
Montreal and Quebec City advise Bombardier Inc. on the sale of its remaining interest in Airbus Canada Limited Partnership and A220 and A330 work packages for US$591m
March 12, 2020