Businesses today face an increasingly complex framework of established and evolving legislation and regulations concerning civil, criminal and regulatory risks. Our global regulation and investigations lawyers provide clients a ‘one-stop’ connected international service to help navigate the legal, procedural, governance and reputational aspects of regulatory and compliance issues, investigations and litigation worldwide.
With an in-depth understanding of cross-disciplinary best practices, our lawyers are inter-connected across jurisdictions, industries and regulatory fronts, enabling us to advise clients on managing risk, multi-jurisdictional investigations and compliance matters, wherever they arise. Our lawyers offer extensive domestic, international and cross-border experience in regulation and investigations across a number of key industry sectors, including financial institutions; energy, infrastructure and resources; transport; technology; life sciences and healthcare; and consumer markets.
We have a unique offering of strength on the ground in emerging markets, including Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America, as well as deep experience in the mature regulatory and enforcement markets of the United States, Europe, Australia and Canada. Members of our team are fluent in more than 20 languages across the globe.
Several members of our global regulation and investigations team have held positions in some of the world’s key regulatory bodies, adding to our understanding of the internal workings of regulators, the underlying policies which shape the regulators’ approach, including international regulatory cooperation and the sensitivities of dealing with regulators. As a testament to our experience, we have acted on some of the world’s highest profile domestic and multi-jurisdictional investigations, including prominent regulatory inquiries, regulatory enforcement, criminal investigations and prosecutions and related civil litigation.
Our areas of work include
- Antitrust and competition
- Anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism
- Banking and financial services regulation
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Bribery, corruption and fraud
- Compliance counseling and training
- Due diligence in relation to third-party relationships and corporate transactions
- Employment and labor
- Environmental law
- Government investigations and enforcement
- Health and safety
- Human rights
- Information governance, privacy and cybersecurity
- Internal investigations
- International trade, sanctions and export controls
- Monitorships and monitorship advisory
- Securities litigation, regulation and enforcement
- White-collar crime
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: White Collar Crime and Government Investigations, Chambers and Partners, 2022