Our global corporate governance lawyers advise on the full range of domestic and international governance issues, from best practices, salaries, indemnification and insurance to conflicts of interests, internal investigations, defensive mandates and crisis management. Our client roster includes corporations, boards of directors and board committees who are able to draw upon our global platform for sound legal advice on the regulations affecting their industries and sectors and special matters.
Our experience includes advising on board and committee composition, including board diversity, leadership structures and oversight of risk management, as well as board functions and duties, including reviewing bylaws and guidelines, committee charters, codes of ethics and other governance-related materials designed to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and best practices.
We also have extensive experience representing board committees on sensitive transactional and litigation-related matters ranging from related-party transactions, going private and other transactions to matters involving potential conflicts of interest.
Our areas of work include
- Business combinations
- Business ethics and anti-corruption
- Crisis management
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Employment and labour, including employee benefits and executive compensation
- Insurance, including director and officer indemnifications
- Internal investigations
- Professional negligence
- Regulation and investigations
- Related-party transactions
- Reputation and defamation protection
- Risk advisory
- Securities, regulation and enforcement
- Shareholder engagement
- Special committees
Awards and Accolades
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Information Technology, Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Chambers Global, Canada: Information Technology, Chambers and Partners, 2018
- Legal 500 Canada: Technology, The Legal 500, 2018