Related services and key industries
Tony Zhong is a corporate lawyer based in Shanghai.
Tony has over twelve year experience in China. He represents multinational clients in China related cross-border corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, foreign direct investment, joint ventures, corporate restructuring, regulatory compliance and other general corporate and commercial matters in a wide range of industrial sectors (including, without limitation, life sciences, automotive, chemicals, financial institutions, real estate).
Tony is ranked as the Next Generation Lawyer under Corporate and M&A: foreign firms, Legal 500 Asia Pacific for three consecutive years from 2016 to 2018.
Tony received an LL.B. and an LL.M. degree from Fudan University in China and also an LL.M. degree (Sohmen Scholar) from Southern Methodist University in the United States. He is admitted as an Attorney at Law in the State of New York and is also qualified to practise law in the PRC.
- Attorney at Law, admitted in New York
- Advising a global commodities group on its proposed joint ventures with Chinese partners (involving a state-owned enterprise and a private company) to conduct edible oil manufacture and trading business in China
- Advising a global leading battery manufacturer on the China aspect of its acquisition of the battery and portable lighting business from an American company
- Advising a global leading oil & gas company, on the disposal of its LPG distribution business in China comprising companies located in five cities in China
- Advising a US based private equity fund on the China aspects of its acquisition of global manufacturer and distributor of extruded and moulded plastic products
- Advising a UK company on its potential acquisition of a minority stake (with the call option to increase the shareholding) in a Chinese company providing business aviation services
- Advising Bayer AG and its affiliates on the China aspects of the US$ 1 billion asset transfers for the divestiture of Bayer's Diabetes Care Business to Panasonic Healthcare Holdings
- Advising Techtronic Industries Co. Ltd. on its acquisition of a measuring device manufacturing business in China and its establishment of a testing business in east China
- Advising Janus Henderson Investors, the global investment management group, on its disposal of investment in Shenyang Hongyao Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Advising Tessenderlo Group, the Belgium chemical manufacturer, on its disposal of investment in a chemical manufacturing company in east China
- Advising Spectra Premium Industries Inc., the Canadian automobile fuel tanks manufacturer, on its proposed manufacturing joint ventures and other green field investment in east and southeast China
Publication | September 10, 2019
Publication | July 30, 2019
Publication | July 23, 2019
Supreme People’s Court in China Issues the Fifth Judicial Interpretation to the PRC Company Law to Protect Minority Shareholders’ Interests
Publication | May 03, 2019