Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
William Chen is a banking and finance lawyer in our Beijing office. He mainly assists with documentation improvement and legal research, and has also participated in due diligence investigations and drafting standard contracts.
William graduated from Dalian Maritime University and was awarded a masters degree in international commercial and maritime law from Swansea University, UK. He completed the course in legal practice as well as the PRC legal qualification exam. William has spent six months on secondment with an international finance corporate where he participated in various transactions.
William is fluent in Mandarin and English.
- China Development Bank – advised on a US$674 million and RMB1,530 million financing for the Ministry of Finance of Ecuador.
- China Development Bank - acted on a financing for a glyphosate production line in Kazakhstan.
- ICBC – represented on the financing of two coal-fire power plants in Bangladesh.
- AICBC – advised on the financing of two wind power projects in Pakistan.
- China Development Bank – advised on financing a glass production line in Nigeria.
- ICBC – acted on a term loan provided to the Minister of Finance of Zambia (acting on behalf of the Government of Zambia) to finance Chinsali General Hospital in Zambia.
- ICBC – advised on a term loan provided to the Minister of Finance of Zambia (acting on behalf of the Government of Zambia) to finance the design and construction of 2,350 housing units for security wings for the Ministry of Home Affairs in Zambia.
- An international financial corporation – represented on financing a Chinese biotech company.
- ICBC Financial Leasing – acted on a sale and lease back transaction of four South Korean-built LNG vessels, to be leased to a Norwegian shipping company.
- ICBC Financial Leasing – represented on the financing of various ships by DBS Bank and BNP Paribas.
- CCB Financial Leasing – acted on the aviation financing of various aircraft leased to Xiamen Airlines and Hebei Airlines.
- Export-Import Bank of China – advised on the financing of three vessels leased by CSSC to CMA CGM.
- China Development Bank – advised on a complex security restructuring involving various jurisdictions, including Hong Kong, Greece, Cyprus and Luxembourg.
- China Development Bank – acted on on-lending to the Development Bank of Zambia.
- China Development Bank – represented on a US$500 million on-lending loan to IDC in South Africa.
- China Development Bank – advised on on-lending to Belarusbank and DBRB, two leading financial institutions in Belarus.