Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Dr Sven Förster is a litigation and dispute resolution lawyer based in Munich. He advises clients on complex international and domestic disputes, including litigation, mediation and arbitration.
Sven focuses on insurance disputes, including complex international and cross-border disputes, as well as major losses. He has extensive experience of handling numerous banking, commercial, corporate and construction disputes.
Sven was elected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in Germany 2021 in the fields of litigation, arbitration and mediation. In addition, the German legal directory JUVE recommends him for "commercial litigation and liability: litigation" and describes him as "dynamic and precise" (2016/17), "very smart" (2017/18) and "rising" (2018/19). The Legal 500 recommends him as well, and quotes: 'Sven Förster is an impressive dispute resolution expert and a brilliant litigator. He stands out from his competitors not only because of his niche expertise, but also due to his meticulous and detail-oriented approach, while always keeping track of the matter.'
Sven is a law graduate of the Universities of Bonn and Cologne (doctor iuris). He is a member of the German Institution of Arbitration (DIS - Deutsche Institution für Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit) and the German-French Jurist Association. He is admitted as a German lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) and is certified to practice banking and capital markets law (Fachanwalt für Bank- und Kapitalmarktrecht).
Sven is a German native speaker and is fluent in English and French.
- Law, University of Bonn, 1999-2003
- First State Exam, Cologne, 2003
- Second State Exam, Munich, 2006
- Admitted to Munich bar, 2006
- Doctor iuris, University of Cologne, 2014
- Fachanwalt für Bank, und Kapitalmarktrecht
- Zulässigkeit von Baukostenzuschüssen im Stromnetz oberhalb der Niederspannungsebene, 2015
- Der Fall Pechstein und die Grenzen des kartellrechtlichen Missbrauchsverbots, co-author, WRP 2016, 312
- Calculating loss in W&I claims, co-author, Insurance Day
- Managing D&O compliance claims in Germany, co-author, Insurance Day
- Haftungsfalle Corona (NJW-aktuell 29/2020, 17) https://rsw.beck.de/aktuell/daily/magazin/detail/haftungsfalle-corona
- German Institution of Arbitration
- German-French Jurist Association
Publication | January 11, 2021
Webinar | December 02, 2020
Webinar | May 26, 2020
Publication | August 2018