Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Dr Sven Förster is a litigation and dispute resolution lawyer based in Munich.
Sven advises clients on complex international and domestic disputes, including litigation, mediation and arbitration. He focuses on insurance disputes, including complex international and cross-border disputes, as well as major losses. He has extensive experience of handling numerous banking, commercial, corporate and construction disputes.
Sven was elected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in Germany 2020 in the fields of litigation, arbitration and mediation. In addition, the German legal directory JUVE recommends him for "commercial litigation and liability: litigation" and describes Sven as "dynamic and precise" (2016/17), "very smart" (2017/18) and "rising" (2018/19).
Sven is a law graduate of Universities of Bonn and Cologne (doctor iuris). He is a member of the German Institution of Arbitration (DIS - Deutsche Institution für Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit) and the German-French Jurist Association. He is admitted as German lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) and as a certified specialist for banking and capital markets law (Fachanwalt für Bank- und Kapitalmarktrecht).
Sven is a German native speaker and is fluent in English and French.
- Law, University of Bonn, 1999-2003
- First State Exam, Cologne, 2003
- Second State Exam, Munich, 2006
- Admitted to Munich bar, 2006
- Doctor iuris, University of Cologne, 2014
- Fachanwalt für Bank, und Kapitalmarktrecht
- Zulässigkeit von Baukostenzuschüssen im Stromnetz oberhalb der Niederspannungsebene, 2015
- Der Fall Pechstein und die Grenzen des kartellrechtlichen Missbrauchsverbots, co-author, WRP 2016, 312
- Calculating loss in W&I claims, co-author, Insurance Day
- Managing D&O compliance claims in Germany, co-author, Insurance Day
- German Institution of Arbitration
- German-French Jurist Association