Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Regina Rath is a restructuring and insolvency lawyer based in Frankfurt. Her practice covers all aspects of German and European insolvency law, frequently involving cross-border elements.
Regina has extensive experience in advising German and international clients, including debtors, lenders and other creditors, shareholders, directors, strategic investors as well as debt and hedge funds, throughout all stages of restructurings and insolvency proceedings. Due to her background as litigator with a focus on financial markets disputes she also acts on contentious insolvency matters.
Amongst other, Regina frequently advises on financial restructurings, distressed debt investments, security and other proprietary interests, close-out netting and set-off, distressed real estate and M&A transactions as well as directors' and officers' duties.
Prior to joining us, Regina worked for a leading UK firm and for a global US firm. While she was primarily based in Frankfurt/ Main, she also worked abroad in Chicago, Toronto, Brussels and Paris. Regina is fluent in German, English and French.
- 2nd State Examination, State of Hesse, 2000
- 1st State Examination, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt/ Main, 1998
- DESS, International and European law, University Paris I Sorbonne, 1996
- Maîtrise, International Private Law, University Paris X Nanterre, 1995
- Rechtsanwältin 2000
- Acting for institutional investors and other creditors on the insolvency proceedings of Lehman Brothers Bankhaus AG, including representing a US hedge fund in a dispute relating to early termination of repo transactions
- Acting for and advising a distressed debt investor on various German law aspects in the context of the insolvency of MF Global
- Acting for a DIP financing party in the preliminary insolvency proceedings of Condor
- Advising bond creditors in the insolvency proceedings of Air Berlin
- Advising various counterparties in the insolvency proceedings of Senvion GmbH
- Advising the buyer of a real estate portfolio on insolvency law aspects of the approximately €200m transaction
- Acting for investment funds in litigation before the German courts against the Republic of Argentina on defaulted government bonds
*includes advice on matters prior to joining the firm
- Member of TMA Deutschland e.V. (an international affiliate of Turnaround Management Association) and TMA NOW (TMA Network of Women)
- Member of ARGE Insolvenzrecht (working group insolvency law) of the German Lawyers' Association
- Member of German-French Lawyers' Association
UK: Restructuring in Europe: An update on emergency measures introduced in the UK, Germany and the Netherlands
Webinar | September 30, 2020
Webinar | September 02, 2020
Webinar | July 22, 2020
Publication | April 23, 2020