Business brands are some of the most valuable intellectual property – and even assets – that a company may own. Our global trademarks and brands team is made up of more than 100 highly experienced lawyers, agents, paralegals and staff located in the world’s commercial centers on five continents, working closely together to provide clients with seamless, coordinated advice on brand portfolio management and protection, as well as on transactional matters involving trademarks and design rights.
We handle all aspects of trademark law including clearing, registering, maintaining and licensing trademarks and associated rights such as design rights. We also have extensive experience in the enforcement of trademark rights against infringement, dilution and counterfeiting and related litigation.
Working as trusted strategic advisors to our clients, we protect, monetize and enforce some of the world’s most recognizable brands, trademarks and trade dress, thereby helping clients minimize risks and maximize the value in their brands and strengthen their brand identify.
Our areas of work include
- Antitrust and competition
- Board governance
- Corporate and commercial, including acquisition of rights and strategic alliances
- Crisis management
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Intellectual property, including IP strategies and the full spectrum of patent law
- Employment and labor
- Licensing and collaboration transactions
- Product liability
- Risk advisory
- Supply and distribution agreements
- Regulations and investigations, including compliance issues and government investigations
- Research and development
- Risk advisory
Awards and accolades
- Legal 500 EMEA, Germany: Trademarks, The Legal 500, 2020