Our global dispute resolution and litigation lawyers advise many of the world’s largest corporations and financial institutions on complex, high-value and sensitive multijurisdictional disputes. With more than 50 offices across the globe, we have one of largest disputes legal practices in the world, with significant experience resolving domestic and cross-border mandates, international arbitrations and investigations and enforcement for clients across all the key industry sectors including financial institutions, energy, infrastructure, mining and commodities, transport, technology and innovation and life sciences and healthcare.
“With advisory expertise in the full spectrum of dispute resolution, Norton Rose Fulbright positions itself well in the market.” Legal 500 EMEA, 2020
Our lawyers both prevent and resolve disputes by providing clients with practical, creative legal advice that focuses on their strategic and commercial objectives. Our experience includes the full spectrum of dispute resolution and litigation mechanisms ranging from negotiation, mediation, conciliation and conflict resolution to vigorous courtroom strategy, multi-party and class action lawsuits and appellate proceedings. We have acted on some of the world’s highest profile domestic and multijurisdictional investigations, including high-profile regulatory inquiries, regulatory enforcement, criminal investigations and prosecutions, and related civil disputes and litigation. We are experienced in advising on risk and public relations issues in the context of legal disputes.
We have a unique offering of our 'on the ground' strength, advising clients on disputes issues across emerging markets including Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America, together with deep experience in the mature markets of the United States, Europe, Australia and Canada. Members of our team offer fluent capabilities in more than 20 languages across the globe.
As a key component of our disputes practice, our global practice support team provides clients consistent and proven methodology for complying with document preservation and production requirements throughout the course of disputes, assisting in developing case strategies and priorities while managing and reducing costs for clients.
Our areas of work include
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Antitrust and competition
- Banking and finance disputes
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Class actions
- Construction and engineering
- Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Employment and labor
- Environmental law
- Fraud and asset recovery
- Intellectual property
- International arbitration
- Product liability, including automotive, pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Professional negligence
- Public and administrative law
- Regulation and investigations, including compliance, regulatory and enforcement
- Securities litigation, regulation and enforcement
- Shareholder disputes and activism
- Transport, including aviation, rail, admiralty and shipping
- White-collar crime
Awards and accolades
- Legal 500 EMEA, Germany: Dispute Resolution: Commercial Litigation, The Legal 500, 2020