The recent global financial crisis has resulted in a 60 percent decline in cross-border capital flows from the peak in 2007. This, and the reaction of regulators around the world, is helping to create a new landscape for financial institutions and the pools of capital they control, resulting in significant increases in corporate bond issuance and foreign direct investment as well as a dramatic growth in capital flows to emerging markets and between “South-South” emerging markets.
“Offers expertise on conventional financing matters, with particular strength in major project financings, corporate lending and significant restructurings.” Chambers Global, 2018
This dynamic new market creates many opportunities for private equity, funds, sovereign wealth and other financial institutions. Our lawyers throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia are perfectly positioned to help clients navigate this new paradigm, wherever they target capital flows in the world.
We have one of the world’s largest global teams dedicated to the banking sector. Located in more than 50 cities worldwide, we deliver global reach, local capability and in-depth sector knowledge. This underpins our commitment to being world-class legal advisers in high-level and complex cross-border operations as well as in day-to-day transactions.
Our areas of work include
- Asset and wealth management
- Financial institutions
- Financial services and regulation
- Regulatory compliance consulting
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Europe, Europe-wide: Banking & Finance, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers Europe, Germany: Banking & Finance, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers Global, Germany: Banking & Finance, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Banking & Finance, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Banking & Finance: Islamic Finance, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Legal 500 EMEA, Germany: Banking & Finance: Lending & Borrowing, The Legal 500, 2018