Recognized as a market leader in domestic and cross-border financings, our global team of asset finance lawyers act for a wide range of borrowers, lenders and investors including airlines, rolling stock leasing companies (ROSCOs), ship-owners, lessors, financial institutions and export credit agencies.
“Norton Rose Fulbright houses a leading asset finance team in Germany with particular expertise in the aviation and rail sectors.” Chambers Europe, 2022
We work closely with our clients to develop new and innovative legal and financing structures and techniques, provide guidance on establishing leasing structures that allow for tax and public sector accounting benefits and ensure clients are protected from unacceptable obligations throughout the purchase, financing and leasing stages of transactions. With particular strength in the transport sector, we advise on aviation finance including pre- and post-delivery financings and leasing transactions, rail financing and supply of rolling stock, and shipping and offshore financing, as well as aviation and shipping-related restructurings.
Our team is located in all of the major markets across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East, making us accessible to clients, wherever deals are being done.
Our areas of work include
- Cross-border leasing
- Domestic and international tax
- Export credit agency-supported financing
- Islamic finance
- Joint ventures
- Structured asset and debt financing
- Structured and operating leasing
- Security arrangements
- Transaction structuring
- Chambers Europe, Germany: Transportation: Rail and Aviation Asset Finance (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Chambers Europe, Germany: Transportation: Shipping: Finance, Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Legal 500 EMEA, Germany: Banking and Finance: Lending and Borrowing, The Legal 500, 2022
- Legal 500 EMEA, Germany: Maritime and Shipping (Tier 1), The Legal 500, 2022
Virgin Australia: Challenges for aviation creditors and the implications for airline restructuring and insolvencies
Global | Video | April 05, 2022 | 13:02Restructuring