Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Philippe Hameau is a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer based in Paris. He is also a restructuring and insolvency lawyer and has a particular focus on financial institutions.
Philippe represents clients in courts and before arbitration tribunals and has an intensive experience both in commercial and banking litigation. His Supreme Court background gives him an exceptional knowledge of the procedural rules of the French courts.
Philippe assists domestic and international clients in crisis management, restructuring and insolvency matters. Over the last decade he has been involved in most of the major restructuring and insolvency matters in France.
He advises debtors, creditors and shareholders when facing difficulties in the framework of pre-insolvency proceedings (mandat ad hoc, conciliation, sauvegarde) or in the framework of insolvency proceedings (redressement judiciaire, liquidation judiciaire). He also has extensive experience in distressed acquisition work acting for investors.
Philippe is ranked for several years by international directories among the leading lawyers in France in the fields of dispute resolution, restructuring and insolvency.
"Philippe Hameau of Norton Rose Fulbright regularly represents financial institutions in financial restructurings and insolvency proceedings. He has further experience in litigation relating to judicial liquidations and distressed M&A transactions." Chambers Europe 2018, France: Restructuring/Insolvency, Band 3
"Philippe Hameau is 'incredibly talented'." Legal 500 EMEA 2018, France: Insolvency
He taught civil and commercial law at University of Paris II and the University of Paris V and regularly gives lectures to various University in France.
Philippe holds a DEA in Private law from the University of Paris II – Pantheon- Assas (1983) and graduated from the Institut de Droit des Affaires (1983). He is a member of the Paris Bar (1991). He won the first prize for oral pleading at a contest organized by the Supreme Courts bar association (1991).
- Avocat au Barreau de Paris
- Entreprises en difficulté, anticipez !, La Tribune, July 21, 2014
- La réforme des entreprises en faillite en vigueur aujourd’hui, Le Monde du Droit, July 1, 2014
- « Le privilège de conciliation », Journal des Sociétés, 2012
- « Sauvegarde : du nouveau avec la Sauvegarde Financière Accélérée », Option Droit et Affaires, 2011
- « Thomson : un tour de passe-passe en Technicolor », Magazine des Affaires 2010
- « Cœur Défense : quelle leçon ! », Magazine des Affaires, 2011
- « Les Faillites Internationales - Approche européenne », avec Michaël Raimon, IBLJ, 2003
Publication | October 2016
Publication | July 2016