Norton Rose Fulbright Studio Legale
Related services and key industries
Giorgio Manca is an employment and labor lawyer based in Milan. His practice covers contentious and non-contentious work.
Giorgio has extensive knowledge of matters relating to commercial agency contracts. He regularly advises clients on individual and collective dismissals, transfers of undertakings and on daily management of employer-employee relations.
He has advised companies in negotiations with unions during mass redundancy procedures, and has considerable experience of helping companies across a wide range of industry sectors to reach mutual termination agreements with commercial agents.
Giorgio has represented clients in litigation before the Italian employment courts and recently advised a leading company in the consumer credit sector on major litigation involving one of its former agents.
Giorgio graduated with honours (cum laude) from LUISS - Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali in Rome. He is an Assistant Professor of Employment Law at Università degli Studi dell'Insubria, Como and Varese, as well as Professor (Lecturer) of Employment Law at 24 Ore Business School.
Giorgio’s native language is Italian and he is fluent in English.
- Avvocato, qualified in Italy 2013
- Legalcommunity Labour Report, The best in Italy, 2018. Client comments included, "One of the most brilliant lawyers of his generation" and that he "has extensive experience in matters relating to commercial agency contracts, transfers of business, mass redundancies projects and union negotiation, including at a national level. He has also a massive experience in relation to company welfare programmes and bonus plans: he recently advised an international cosmetic group in the implementation of its smart working programme."
- Legalcommunity Labour Report, The best in Italy, 2017. Clients comments included: "Giorgio Manca delivers a pragmatic approach and support, trying to always understand the business reality."
- Legalcommunity Labour Report, The best in Italy, 2016. Client comments included: “Giorgio Manca is a young, well-prepared and energetic lawyer.”
- Variazioni peggiorative e concorrenza delle filiali non sono giusta causa di dimissioni dell'agente, Quotidiano del Lavoro, Il Sole 24 Ore, May 21, 2018
- Ferie arretrate: no all'indennità sostitutiva per il dirigente apicale, Diritto 24, Il Sole 24 Ore January 30, 2017
- Arresto per detenzione di sostanze stupefacenti: legittimo il licenziamento per giusta causa, Diritto 24, Il Sole 24 Ore, October 12,2015
- Ricognizione della disciplina delle clausole flessibili ed elastiche nel rapporto di lavoro part time, Quaderni di Giurisprudenza del lavoro, n. 2, 2013
- L'efficacia esimente della delega di funzioni, Diritto 24, Il Sole 24 ore, May 25, 2012.
- Guest speaker, Confindustria, November 25, 2016
- Guest Speaker, Sole 24 ore Business School.
December 21, 2018
Norton Rose Fulbright advises Synlab in connection with a national company collective bargaining agreement
July 30, 2018
April 19, 2018
Publication | August 2018
Publication | July 2018
Publication | May 2018
Publication | September 2016