Kassandra Lydia SavickivCard
Related services and key industries
Kassandra is a counsel in the New York office. She has experience with a broad array of financing transactions specializing in maritime and international finance and in connection therewith represents lenders, syndicate groups and borrowers. Kassandra has experience representing public companies in connection with initial and secondary offerings, filings, annual meetings and shareholder proxies. She routinely advises on general corporate matters, vessel acquisitions and sales, compliance matters, mergers and acquisitions and joint venture structuring.
JD, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Tulane Law School, 2003
BA, English, University of Oregon, 1998
While in law school, Kassandra was involved with the Tulane Maritime Law Journal and Domestic Violence Clinic. She was also President of Phi Beta Honor Society and President of the International Law Society.
- New York State Bar
- Counsel to Global Ship Lease, a US-listed containership charter owner, in relation to its stock-for-stock merger with Poseidon Containers and K&T Marine LLC resulting in a charter owner with a fleet value of US$1.3 billion and a combined fleet of 38 containerships.
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Industry focus - Transport: shipping - finance, The Legal 500, 2018
- Co-author, "New Horizons: An Analysis of Public Markets Financing of Shipping Ventures and the Impending Wave of Shipping Securities Litigation," Tulane Law Review, Volume 81, Number 5 & 6 (2007)
- Connecticut Maritime Association (CMA)
- Maritime Law Association
- Women's International Shipping & Trading Association
- Children Of Bellevue, Director (2009 - present)