Wednesday, September 25, 2019
The Norton Rose Fulbright Cannabis law talks webinar series will explore the emerging topics in a growing cannabis industry.
Several Canadian cannabis companies have been named as defendants in securities class actions both in Canada and the US.
In the first webinar of our series, we will discuss:
- Securities regulatory and class action risk exposures facing public cannabis companies listed on Canadian and US stock exchanges
- Steps companies thinking of going public can take to mitigate their litigation risk prior to listing on an exchange
- Effective risk mitigation strategies and prudent public disclosure practices post-listing
- The impact of short attacks on cannabis stocks
- Insurance considerations
- What to do if the company is sued
- Linda Fuerst, Partner, Canada
- Gerard Pecht, Global Head of Dispute Resolution and Litigation, United States
- Peter Stokes, Partner, United States
This is a 60 minute webinar and its content and delivery will be available in English only.
Save the date for the next webinar in the series taking place on Wednesday, October 16, 2019, where we will discuss the legalization of edibles, extracts and topicals before the new regulations come into effect.
|This program has been accredited for 1.0 general CPD hour with the law society of British Columbia.|
|This program contains 1 hour of content which may be claimed toward the Law Society of Ontario Substantive hours CPD requirement.|
|This program contains 1 hour of content. If you watched the webinar for the minimum amount of time required (60 minutes), you can download your certificate of attendance that may be submitted to your professional order.|
If you are participating in this webinar from outside Canada and wish to claim learning and development (CLE / CPD) credits in your region, please contact us.