Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Maria Sandler is a litigation and disputes resolution lawyer based in London. She has experience of banking and finance litigation and advising financial institutions on a broad range of large commercial disputes, with a particular focus on derivatives, structured finance, and debt capital markets.
Maria has also worked in-house at a global international bank where she advised on a range of disputes relating to the bank’s private banking, investment banking and asset management activities across EMEA. She is a fluent Russian speaker.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Acting for a global bank in its capacity as corporate trustee in a case where the Court considered the application of note disenfranchisement provisions in the transaction documents to the senior noteholder
- Acting for a major bank on various disputes concerning the alleged mis-selling of interest rate hedging products
- Advising various financial institutions on the provisions of the 1992 and 2002 ISDA Master Agreements, especially for termination and close-out of derivatives transactions
- Acting for corporates in a PCA arbitration concerning the obligation to purchase carbon credits under an Emissions Reduction Purchase Agreement
- Advising a foreign bank on its obligations as Servicer in a securitisation and considering claims for the miscalculation of interest to noteholders
- Advising a family office structure on various claims arising out of an estate dispute, including the orderly liquidation of a fund, recovering assets in the BVI and breach of trust claims.