Related services and key industries
Amy Teece is a corporate and regulatory lawyer based in London. She focuses on M&A and has assisted in a number of large, multi-jurisdictional and UK-based transactions involving corporate restructurings, ILS transactions, joint ventures and portfolio transfers under Part VII FSMA. Amy's experience includes advising on, negotiating and drafting insurance related agreements including policy wordings and appointed representative arrangements.
In addition to transactional work, Amy has experience advising on general corporate and regulatory matters for insurance sector clients, including new authorisations (in the context of Brexit and the FCA and PRA Temporary Permissions Regime), ongoing business regulation, solvency issues and regulatory compliance (including distribution arrangements and outsourcing). She is also experienced in contentious insurance and commercial disputes, having acted in respect of property damage, construction and product liability claims. Amy has delivered training regarding affirmative and non-affirmative cyber insurance to a number of large international insurance-sector clients, as well as introductory Solvency II training.
BA Hons English - Liverpool John Moores University
Graduate Diploma in Law - BPP Law School
Legal Practice Course - BPP Law School
CII Level 3 Award in London Market Insurance
Amy re-joined the firm in 2020, having worked as a knowledge assistant in the London corporate and regulatory insurance team in 2015 before training at another international law firm.
- Solicitor qualified in England & Wales 2019
- Regulatory reflections: the impact of regulatory developments in the (re)insurance sector
- FCA pricing practices interim report: consumer protection or pricing interference?
- How concerned should insurers be with the regulator's interest in pricing? Practical completion: are we any closer to agreeing what it is?
- Ashfaq v International Insurance Company of Hannover PLC  EWCA Civ 357
- Cyber risks in the spotlight
- Don't count your chickens before they're snatched: anticipating the next big claims trend
Amy is a member of the following employee networks within the firm:
- Advance - helping the firm widen access to more socio-economically diverse talent, and fostering an environment in which everyone can develop to their full potential.
- Breathe - providing all employees and partners with an inclusive, open forum for discussion about mental health.
- Pride Allies UK - supporting an open, inclusive environment for LGBTQI+ colleagues.
- WiN - supporting the personal and professional career development of women at all levels within the firm.