Business brands are some of the most valuable intellectual property – and even assets – that a company may own. Our global trademarks and brands team is made up of more than 100 highly experienced lawyers, agents, paralegals and staff located in the world’s commercial centers on five continents, working closely together to provide clients with seamless, coordinated advice on brand portfolio management and protection, as well as on transactional matters involving trademarks and design rights.
“Full-service commercial and contentious brands practice recommended for trade mark, copyright, database and designs-related disputes and transactions.” Chambers UK, 2021
We handle all aspects of trademark law including clearing, registering, maintaining and licensing trademarks and associated rights such as design rights. We also have extensive experience in the enforcement of trademark rights against infringement, dilution and counterfeiting and related litigation.
Working as trusted strategic advisors to our clients, we protect, monetize and enforce some of the world’s most recognizable brands, trademarks and trade dress, thereby helping clients minimize risks and maximize the value in their brands and strengthen their brand identify.
Our areas of work include
- Anti-counterfeiting counseling and enforcement, including customs seizures
- Cooperating with enforcement authorities in criminal investigations
- Domestic and international portfolio management, including clearance, opinions, prosecution, maintenance and overall strategy
- Internet domain and social media issues
- Litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Policing, including customs filings
- Security interests and other agreements
- Trademark and design-right proceedings before national intellectual property offices
- Trademark, designs and brands transactions and licensing
- Unfair competition issues
Awards and accolades
- Chambers UK, London: Intellectual Property, Chambers and Partners, 2021
- Legal 500 UK, London: Intellectual Property: Trade Marks, Copyright and Design, The Legal 500, 2021