Our insurance and reinsurance disputes team provides contentious advice on the full range of insurance disputes. We are experienced in the full range of dispute resolution options, including litigation, international arbitration and ADR. We focus on the specific requirements of insurance and reinsurance providers throughout our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy, infrastructure and resources; transport; technology; life sciences and healthcare; and consumer markets.
“Handles insurance and reinsurance disputes for clients in the UK and around the globe, with expertise across a wide range of insurance lines.” Chambers UK, 2022
Acting for a number of the world’s leading underwriters, claims managers, capital providers, regulators and intermediaries, we deliver strategic and tailored advice on the most complex disputes throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East, working as part of our global dispute resolution and litigation team.
Our areas of work include
- Coverage disputes
- Drafting and interpretation of treaty wordings and other contractual documentation
- Inspection of documents
- Insolvency issues
- Management of run-off pools and programs
- Regulatory matters
- Relationships with intermediaries
- Chambers UK, UK-wide: Insurance: Contentious Claims and Reinsurance, Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Chambers UK, UK-wide: Insurance: Non-Contentious (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Legal 500 UK, London: Insurance: Corporate and Regulatory (Tier 1), The Legal 500, 2022
- Legal 500 UK, London: Insurance: Professional Negligence, The Legal 500, 2022
- Legal 500 UK, London: Insurance and Reinsurance Litigation, The Legal 500, 2022