Our global team of commodities lawyers advise international commodity and agricultural producers, traders, banks and financial institutions on the legal intricacies of conducting business in the commodities sector.
“Eminent commodities practice, advising on sophisticated trade finance structures, derivatives and energy trading, with expertise across all commodity types.” Chambers UK, 2019
Our global presence enables our commodities lawyers to adapt to this constantly evolving industry and the changes being made in the sector worldwide. As well as our strength in the emerging markets, we have strong multi-jurisdictional capability in major trade and export finance deals, structured finance and commodity finance transactions and dispute resolution and litigation.
Our lawyers offer clients legal advice rooted in our unique mix of product experience and industry strength, particularly relating to agriculture, minerals, metals and mining and energy. We also have considerable experience with commodity and trade associations, including GATFA, RSA/SAL and FOSFA International, and are familiar with all trade associations’ standard contract terms and regulations, which is imperative within the commodities industry.
Our areas of work include
- Capital markets, including derivatives
- Dispute resolution and litigation, including charterparties, cargo and bills of lading, insurance claims, ship interests and affreightment disputes
- Food and agribusiness
- Regulation and investigations
- Sanctions and controls
- Structured finance and commodity finance
- WTO and international trade
Awards and accolades
- Chambers UK, UK-wide: Commodities: Derivatives & Energy Trading (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Chambers UK, UK-wide: Commodities: Trade Finance (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Legal 500 UK, London: Commodities: Derivatives, The Legal 500, 2019
- Legal 500 UK, London: Commodities, Physicals, The Legal 500, 2019