Norton Rose Fulbright Greece***
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Vaia is a consultant on energy matters based in Athens. She studied law at the University of Thessaloniki and obtained two LL.Ms, one in Business and Economic Law and the second in Public Law and Political Sciences from Democritus University. She is also a PhD candidate focusing on Competition Law.
Vaia has served in several key positions within the energy sector, including as Director of Legal and Regulatory Affairs of the Hellenic Energy Exchange S.A. and the Energy Clearing House S.A., Director of Legal and Regulatory Affairs of the Regional Security Coordinator (RSC), legal counsel of ADMIE (IPTO) Holding S.A., legal advisor of the Minister of Environment and Energy, and consultant of the World Bank.
Vaia has been a practicing lawyer for fifteen years, and has an established, in-depth knowledge of the European and Greek legislative and regulatory framework of the energy sector. She has advised on numerous energy and energy-sector regulatory matters, including renewable electricity, and oil and gas.
- Advised IPTO on the Ownership Unbundling model and the harmonization with Directive 2009/72/EC.
- Advised the Hellenic Republic on the lignite case, meaning the specific measures imposed by the Commission (DG Competition) to correct the anti-competitive effects of the identified infringement.
- Advised the Hellenic Republic on the implementation of the Target Model.
- Advised DEDA on several regulatory matters.
- Advised the Hellenic Republic on the restructuring of energy entities such as DEPA S.A. and PPC S.A.
- Advised several renewable energy developers on regulatory matters regarding the developing of Solar and wind parks.
- Advised HHRM S.A. on the off shore lease agreements with Total S.A, Mobil S.A., Edison S.p.A and HELPE S.A. regarding the exploration and exploitation of hydrocarbons around the Mediterranean area.
Publication | May 05, 2022
Publication | July 26, 2021