We believe that our global renewables practice offers the strongest network of skilled legal advisers anywhere in the world.
"Experienced in handling conventional and renewable energy projects, including the sales and acquisitions of energy assets." Chambers Europe, 2022
Our lawyers provide the full spectrum of legal services in the renewable energy sector. We are recognized for our involvement in pioneering first-in-jurisdiction and first-in-technology renewable energy projects around the world.
Against a backdrop of market and technological disruption, our sector-driven business model enables us to anticipate change across core industries and leverage the experience and knowledge of our experts in one industry in order to benefit our clients in another. Clients also benefit from Future Ready, our global program focused on the rapid and disruptive transformation of the energy sector.
Our areas of work include
- Acquisition of project facilities
- Antitrust and competition law, including state aid advice
- Contracts and strategy for procurement, construction and engineering, and operations
- Digitization including data protection, privacy and cybersecurity, and the application of new technologies such as blockchain and other distributed ledger technologies
- Hybrid projects, including energy storage
- Intellectual property, including patents
- Litigation and disputes, including alternative dispute resolution (ADR), arbitration and mediation
- Marine, tidal and hydropower
- New supply
- Planning, environmental and property issues for new and existing facilities
- Power purchase agreements, including corporate and captive power purchase agreements
- Power trading, cross border supply and wheeling
- Project development and financing
- Renewables commercial and regulatory issues
- Risk advisory, including sanctions and export controls, and human rights
- Solar, including photovoltaic and CSP
- Wind, including onshore, offshore and floating offshore
- Chambers Europe, Greece: Energy, Chambers and Partners, 2022