Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
Vivian Lui is a banking and finance lawyer based in Hong Kong. She focuses on bilateral and syndicated loans, acquisition financing and structured trade and commodities financing. Vivian has significant experience advising Asian and global banks on a wide range of regulatory and legal issues relating to financial products and services such as margin facilities, wealth management, cash management and transaction services, payment and settlement systems, FinTech and data privacy.
Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Vivian served as lead counsel for a global financial institution supporting the transaction services and consumer banking businesses. She also has experience in advising on governance, legal and regulatory risk management and transfer of banking businesses.
Vivian is qualified in Hong Kong as well as England and Wales.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
Banking and Finance
- Advising China Development Bank as lender in connection with their US$100 million term loan to Banco de Chile as borrower. The purpose of the facility was for on-lending to the customers of Banco de Chile in the natural resources industry.
- Acting for China Yurun Food Group Limited on a HK$500 million facility provided by DBS Bank Ltd., Hong Kong Branch.
- Advising DBS Bank Ltd in relation to a US$40 million SBLC Facility to Shin Satellite Public Co. Ltd in connection with its ongoing financing requirements.
- Advising Natixis in connection with a US$50 million secured aluminium structured trade facility to Qing lu Oriental International Co., Ltd, guaranteed by Qingtongxia Aluminium Group Co., Ltd. The supplier was China Aluminium International Trading Co. Ltd. and the off-taker was Shanghai PHD Metal Trading Co. Ltd.
- Advising Natixis in connection with a US$51.1 million credit facility to Noble Group Limited for the purposes of refinancing certain prepayments by Noble Resources Pte Ltd to certain coke producers in China.
- Acting for MGM Grand Paradise S.A. on successive financings including its US$2 billion refinancing of its existing facilities to finance its integrated resort in Macau.
- Acting for Indus Capital, a hedge fund, in the US$18 million venture capital financing of Bestford (Hong Kong) Limited for the purchase of the Evisu trademark and copyright.
- Advising Prosperity Minerals Holdings Limited (PMHL) on its first US$100m high-yield note issue by its subsidiary Upper Value Investments Limited and warrant issue by PMHL. PMHL is a major cement manufacturer and iron ore trader with operations in Hong Kong, Macau and the People's Republic of China (PRC). PMHL used the proceeds of the high yield note issue to acquire up to four new cement plants in the PRC. This transaction was arranged and underwritten by Morgan Stanley.
- Advising Prosperity Minerals Holdings Limited on its US$40 million term loan facility with Standard Chartered Bank.
- Advising China Shanshui Investment Company Limited on term facility provided by UOB Kay Hian Finance Limited.
- Advising China Shanshui Investment Company Limited on its issuance of HK$380 million secured and guaranteed notes.
- Advising Yingliu International Holdings Limited in connection with a US$40 million term loan facility arranged by Asia Mezzanine Capital Corporation for the purposes of capital expenditure and working capital.
- Advising major global and regional banks on merger and acquisition of private banking and commercial businesses and related regulatory issues.
- Advising on transfer of commercial banking loan portfolios.
Retail and commercial banking
- Advising on terms and conditions for payment and collection services, notional pooling, physical cash sweeping, multi-banking, commercial cards and prepaid cards.
- Advising an intermediary on securities regulations on handling of client assets and client monies.
- Advising a major consumer bank on legal and regulatory issues relating to residential mortgage, securities backed financing, credit cards services and distribution of wealth management products.
- Advising on digital payment services, voice biometric authentication, remote account opening, mobile FX trading and stock brokerage and online investment advisory service.
- Advising on data security, transfer and usage in connection with mobile banking, Open API and collaborations with technology partners.
- Advising on regulatory investigations relating to distribution of wealth management products.
- Mandarin Chinese