Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
- Risk advisory
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Climate change and sustainability
- Litigation and disputes
- Regulation and investigations
Dr. Kai Luck is a risk consultant based in Sydney.
Kai has more than 10 years of Australian and international multi-sector industry experience, with particular specialties in directors' duties, board-management and board-shareholder relations, corporate compliance, shareholders' rights and class actions, insider trading, insolvency and corporate restructuring, and insolvent trading and liquidator's recovery of voidable transactions.
After obtaining his doctorate in corporate insolvency law, Kai has worked as a senior, trusted advisor in a number of top tier international law firms and at the New South Wales Bar, advising boards of ASX-listed entities and other public companies and financial institutions on corporate and commercial regulatory, transactional and litigious matters across multiple sectors, including banking and financial services, investment, government, energy, environment and renewables, mining and resources, agribusiness and employment.
Kai has also worked in academia, where he has lectured and advanced innovative research in insolvency and commercial law at The University of Queensland, and has contributed to Australia's international diplomacy and aid agenda in the Indo-Pacific as a policy advisor to the former Commonwealth Assistant Foreign Affairs Minister.
- PhD, Corporate Insolvency Law, The University of Queensland (2010)
- Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours), The University of Queensland (2007)
- New York Bar 2011
- High Court of Australia and Federal Court of Australia 2010
- Supreme Court of Queensland (admitted to practice in all Australian states and territories) 2010
- Member of the New South Wales Bar Association
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales
Blog | November 10, 2021
The World Bank insolvency principles: A framework to build more effective insolvency and restructuring processes in Australia
Publication | October 07, 2021
Publication | September 27, 2021
Blog | September 20, 2021