Related services and key industries
William Nicolson is a corporate lawyer based in Sydney specialising in mergers and acquisitions in multiple sectors. He is a member of our private equity team.
William is experienced in assisting clients with sale processes, corporate restructurings, private fundraisings, shareholders agreements between and founders and investors, and general corporate matters. He is passionate about helping his clients meet their commercial objectives by delivering clear, tailored and pragmatic advice.
William is admitted to practice in England and Wales, and holds a Master of Arts in Economic and Politics from the University of Edinburgh. He trained at a magic circle law firm in the UK.
- United Kingdom
- Nature's Care – on its proposed sale of its vitamins and supplements business, the largest private equity deal in Australia in H1 2018.
- Laguna Bay – an agri-fund, on its AU$35 million acquisition and consolidation of a portfolio of dairy farms in Tasmania.
- Direct Capital – a NZ private equity fund, on its proposed purchase of a chain of health clubs in Australia and New Zealand (valued at approximately AU$250 million).
- A Danish assurance business – on its proposed purchase of a global assurance business (valued at approximately AU$500 million).
- Acano – an online collaboration platform, on its AU$700 million sale to Cisco Systems.
- Founders Factory – on the establishment of its accelerator and incubator and multiple investment rounds with blue-chip investors (including L'Oréal, Aviva, and the Guardian Media Group).
- Eli Lilly – on its £160m investment into Immunocore, as part of the largest ever European life sciences investment.