With a presence in more than 50 cities across the world, our global bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency lawyers can effectively act for clients on any issue of international scope.
Our internationally recognized cross-border team has substantial experience advising clients in negotiating the challenges of multi-jurisdictional and other issues posed by today’s global economy. We advise financial institutions, court-appointed liquidators, foreign representatives and corporations, utilizing the wide range of legal disciplines of lawyers from our worldwide offices to provide tactical and creative solutions which best serve our clients’ needs.
Our lawyers are experienced in dealing with cutting-edge domestic, international and cross-border restructurings, including ancillary bankruptcy – we are recognized as a leader in the use of ancillary proceedings brought in the United States on behalf of foreign representatives under Chapter 15 of the US Bankruptcy Code. We capitalize on our national and international transactional and litigation experience, utilizing the skills of lawyers from other offices and areas of the law to formulate strategic solutions for our clients; it is our ability to deliver successful results that has resulted in our being retained in a number of significant cross-border insolvency cases.
Our areas of work include
- Bankruptcy investigations and examiner representation
- Chapter 11 debtor and trustee representation
- Complex loan restructurings
- Debtor-in-possession and exit financings
- Financial institutions, funds and creditor representation
- International bankruptcy cases, insolvency arbitrations and cross-border proceedings, including Chapter 15 cases
- Litigation and disputes
- Official creditors’ committee representation
- Pre-packaged, pre-negotiated and traditional plans
- Sale and purchase of distressed assets, debt and portfolios
- Schemes of arrangement
- UNCITRAL model law
- Valuation and solvency proceedings