Raising finance in Europe is changing. Our online technical resource ‘Capital Markets Union’ (CMU) is a complete client guide to the legal and practical measures that fall under the umbrella of the CMU.
The European Commission’s CMU initiative aims to unify capital markets across Europe’s 28 Member States in an effort to promote growth and investment. From now through 2019, the Commission will release a series of regulations and studies affecting every area of capital markets.
CMU will affect clients across the global with business interests in the European Union, including banks, funds, insurers, pensions, infrastructure projects, SMEs, credit rating agencies and multilateral development agencies.
The following resources will be updated as the CMU project develops:
Overview and timeline
- Prospectus Regulation proposal
- Private placements
- Venture capital
- SME finance
- Securitisation Regulation proposal
- STS securitisation practical guide
- Securitisation – risk retention Q&A
- Solvency II recalibration
- Infrastructure funds
- Non-bank lending
- Retail finance.
- Regulation of financial services
- Covered bonds
- Investment funds
- Derivatives, repos and securities lending
- Cross-border finance.