Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised on certain international aspects of the TZS 476 billion (approximately US$215 million) initial public offering of Vodacom Tanzania Public Limited Company, a leading telecommunications provider in Tanzania.
The IPO was the first such offering extended to foreign investors following a change in Tanzanian law making such an international offering possible. The company reported that approximately 40,000 Tanzanians invested in the offering, representing approximately 60% of the shares subscribed for with the remaining 40% subscribed for by international investors.
Norton Rose Fulbright advised on the extension of the offering to investors in Europe and the United Kingdom. The firm’s team was led by partners Thomas Vita and Oliver Stacey assisted by Kevin Connolly and Kayla Kirk. ENSafrica were the lead counsel on the IPO.
Norton Rose Fulbright has advised clients in the telecoms industry across Africa on a range of complex cross border M&A and joint ventures, network sharing and outsourcing, as well as advice on global regulation, disputes, licence bids, privatisations and financing and investment.
For further information please contact:
Louise Nelson, Senior PR Manager
Tel: +44 (0)20 7444 5086; Mob: +44 (0)7909 684 893
Notes for editors:
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world’s preeminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 4000 lawyers and other legal staff based in more than 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare. Through our global risk advisory group, we leverage our industry experience with our knowledge of legal, regulatory, compliance and governance issues to provide our clients with practical solutions to the legal and regulatory risks facing their businesses.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss verein, helps coordinate the activities of Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients. Norton Rose Fulbright has offices in more than 50 cities worldwide, including London, Houston, New York, Toronto, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Sydney and Johannesburg. For more information, see nortonrosefulbright.com/legal-notices.