Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Simon Goodall is a litigation and disputes lawyer based in London. He focuses on international arbitration and litigation, with a particular emphasis on energy, construction and international trade.
Simon is a qualified Solicitor Advocate and has experience of conducting advocacy at arbitration hearings. He has been involved in numerous international and domestic arbitration matters, including ICC, LCIA, DIFC-LCIA, DIAC, SCC, LMAA and UNCITRAL arbitrations, and has assisted with several matters before the English Commercial Court and the DIFC Courts.
Simon has a Master of Laws degree with distinction.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- European energy company - in an UNCITRAL arbitration arising from a joint operating agreement for the exploration and production of natural gas and condensate
- UAE master developer - in various DIAC arbitrations against sub-developers, contractors and end-users
- US developer of a Rwandan gas production facility and electricity generation plant - in an ICC arbitration
- Multinational electric utility company - in a DIFC-LCIA arbitration in relation to purported delays in the construction of a power project in Pakistan
- UAE and Mauritian companies - with the enforcement of an ICC Award in various jurisdictions.
- The EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement: Resolving disputes between the EU and UK post-Brexit, January 2021
- Proposed amendments to Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC) Rules, May 2018
- UAE set to implement new arbitration law, May 2018
- The draft withdrawal treaty – a focus on dispute settlement, 8 March 2018
- The growth of arbitration centres in Africa, 9 November 2017
- Brexit and investor-state dispute settlement, June 2017
- CJEU rules on EU's proposed free trade agreement with Singapore, May 2017
- What impact could Brexit have on protections available to foreign direct investors?, 25 April 2017
- Why Brexit is unlikely to have any impact on London's status as a popular seat of arbitration, 19 April 2017
- The Istanbul Arbitration Centre and the ISTAC Rules, September 2016
- How will Brexit impact arbitration in England and Wales?, September 2016
- Enforcing foreign judgments in the UAE: An update in light of DNB Bank ASA v Gulf Eyadah Corporation, March 2016
- Piercing the corporate veil: An update in light of VTB v Nutritek, July 2012
- Investor-state arbitration and the EU, March 2011