Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Ewelina is a dispute resolution lawyer based in London.
Ewelina focuses on international arbitration and litigation and has experience dealing with disputes under the LCIA, ICC, DIFC-LCIA, ICSID and UNCITRAL rules. She also advises on drafting dispute resolution clauses and issues of jurisdiction and conflicts of law in international disputes.
Ewelina has practiced across multiple jurisdictions; prior to joining us, Ewelina was an advisor to the Government of Poland in investment and commercial arbitration cases. She has also worked in the dispute resolution team in our Dubai office, advising clients on a range of matters before the DIFC Courts and arbitral tribunals.
Ewelina also has an extensive academic experience, having completed her PhD and post-doctoral research in international arbitration and ADR, and is a published author and speaker in the field.
PhD, LLM (First Class) (Cambridge)
LLB, Masters (Summa cum Laude) (Warsaw)
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Indian manufacturer – advised on a dispute with a Belgian engineering company concerning alleged patent infringement (ICC, Indian law, London seat)
- Eastern European mining company – advised on a construction dispute with a Chinese contractor (ICC, Russian law, Singapore seat).
- International mining group – advised in relation to bilateral investment treaty claims against an East African state concerning alleged interference with and the indirect expropriation of significant mining assets (ICSID).
- One of the largest Middle Eastern commodities companies – advised on a dispute arising out of an aluminium fluoride supply agreement (LCIA, English law, London seat).
- Large Eastern European property developer – advised on a dispute arising from a share purchase agreement (Swiss Rules of International Arbitration of the Swiss Chambers' Arbitration Institution, English law, Geneva seat).
- American technology company – advised on negotiations relating to a dispute with an English media services and marketing provider.
- International oil company – advised on a dispute against an Eastern European state relating to indemnities for environmental contamination and clean up (ICC, Romanian law, Paris seat).
- 5 star hotel on the Palm Jumeriah Island in Dubai – advised on a high profile dispute relating to the management of the hotel (DIFC-LCIA, English law, DIFC seat).
- One of the largest Middle Eastern telecommunications companies – advised on a dispute with an American Satellite bandwidth provider (DIFC-LCIA, English law, DIFC seat).
- A Middle Eastern equity fund – represented in connection with an action brought in the DIFC Courts (DIFC litigation).
- A Middle Eastern advisory consultancy – represented in connection with an action brought in the DIFC Courts (DIFC litigation).
- The former governor of Puerto Rico – advised on proceedings against the United States involving claims for violation of numerous treaties and international human-rights standards (Inter-American Commission on Human Rights).
- Grounds to Refuse Enforcement, in: The Guide to Challenging and Enforcing Arbitration Awards, J.W. Rowley, E. Gaillard, G. Kaiser (eds), Global Arbitration Review 2019
- Enforceability of Multi-Tiered Dispute Resolution Clauses, Hart Publishing, Oxford 2017
- Anti-Suit Injunction in Arbitral Awards: Enforcement in Europe, Cambridge Law Journal, 3/2015
- Multi-Step Dispute Resolution Clauses. An Overview of Selected European Jurisdictions, in: Procedural Science at the Crossroads of Different Generations, Max Plank Institute, Luxembourg 2015
- Integrating ADR into Arbitration Framework, Book in Remembrance of Professor T. Erecinski, LexisNexis 2011
- Dispute Resolution Mechanisms in Construction Disputes, Multi-Step Dispute Resolution Conference, Warsaw, 2010
Publication | September 05, 2019
Publication | August 07, 2019