Norton Rose Fulbright Studio Legale
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Arturo Sferruzza is a banking and projects lawyer based in Milan. He is also head of the Italian banking and energy teams.
Arturo's practice covers: project finance for the energy and infrastructure sectors; export credit and international trade finance; and shipping finance. His clients include Italian and international banks and financial institutions and his experience covers a broad range of domestic and international deals.
In recent years he has been particularly active in advising on the development and financing of renewable energy and infrastructure projects, both in Italy and abroad.
Arturo joined our practice in the London office projects group in 2000. He transferred to Milan in September 2003 and became a partner in 2006.
Arturo read law summa cum laude at the Università di Palermo. He also obtained a Master's degree from Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London, in 2000. He is qualified in Italy and the UK.
Arturo is a native Italian speaker and is fluent in English.
- Law, summa cum laude, Università di Palermo
- LLM, Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London, 2000
- Avvocato, qualified in Italy
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- Recognized in the 2020-21 Edition of The Best Lawyers in Italy for banking and finance. Arturo has been recognized in this directory since 2018.
- Named as "leading individual" in three categories: banking and finance/borrower side, banking and finance/lender or arranger side and energy. About him: "Noted for project, acquisition, commodity and asset finance"; "An expert in the renewables sector and specifically construction and engineering, operations, energy storage, power purchase and power trading as well as commercial and regulatory issues"; "His energy M&A projects are often award-winning transactions". Client testimonial: "Arturo Sferruzza is a great lawyer.". Legal 500 EMEA, 2020
- Ranked in four categories as: "Avvocati Elite" in the area of Energy & Infrastructure; "Avvocati Selected" in the areas of Finance and M&A Mid Market; "Avvocati Best" in the area of Project. Milano Finanza Legal Award 2020
- Ranked: (Energy and Natural Resources, Italy) "Department head Arturo Sferruzza represents an extensive array of Italian multinational energy companies, international investors and banks in a variety of energy-related projects. He frequently assits with the financing and refinancing of renewable portfolios." Chambers Europe 2020
- Ranked: (Project Finance, Italy) "Sources know Arturo Sferruzza to be "very clever and very capable. He advises sponsors, borrowers and lenders on the financing and refinancing of renewable energy projects and universities." Chambers Europe 2020
- Ranked: Highly Regarded - Asset finance, Banking, Project finance, Aviation, Energy and Shipping. IFLR 2020
- Arturo Sferruzza is ranked as a 'leading individual' in three categories: Banking and finance - Borrower side; Banking and finance - Lender or arranger side; and Energy. The Legal 500 EMEA 2019 and 2018
- Energy: Sources appreciate that Arturo Sferruzza "always has a positive and proactive attitude, and a commercial and problem-solving approach." He heads the department and advises on M&A and financing operations, including those relating to renewable projects. Chambers Europe 2019
- Project finance: Arturo Sferruzza leads the team and regularly represents a host of important names from the international finance space. Chambers Europe 2019
- Renewables Energy Lawyer of the Year. Legalcommunity Energy Awards 2019
- Arturo Sferruzza is ranked among the best lawyers in Italy in the category of banking and finance. Best Lawyers 2018
- Project finance: Head of department Arturo Sferruzza is well versed in renewable energy and infrastructure projects on both a domestic and an international level. He is praised among sources, who note that "he has a deep knowledge of project finance procedures" and is "a hands-on lawyer who is very commercial and client-oriented." Chambers Global 2018
Energy: Department head Arturo Sferruzza is proficient in handling a variety of mandates in the renewable energy sector, including M&A transactions and project financings. Clients praise his "technical knowledge and commercial awareness". Chambers Global 2018
The best in Italy. Client comments included: È un professionista molto intelligente e proattivo, con una profonda conoscenza dei requisiti legali delle procedure di project finance. [Translation: "Proactive and clever. He has a deep knowledge of project finance procedures."] Legalcommunity Energy Report 2018
Leading individual – Banking and finance. The Legal 500 EMEA 2017
Project finance and energy: Clients appreciate Arturo Sferruzza's ability to be "very commercial and creative in overcoming obstacles." As head of department, he handles a range of matters from financing to energy trading and M&A. He is regularly instructed on Italian and cross-border mandates. He is described by commentators as "a very experienced lawyer with a good track record in project finance." He has a broad practice advising on administrative, corporate and financing law in the energy, infrastructure, technology and transport sectors. Chambers Europe 2017
Projects. Arturo Sferruzza is described by commentators as "a very experienced lawyer with a good track record in project finance." He has a broad practice advising on administrative, corporate and financing law in the energy, infrastructure, technology and transport sectors. Chambers Global 2017
- Project finance. Clients appreciate his “high level of experience and ability to always ensure consistent quality.” Chambers Europe 2016
- Energy: “Arturo Sferruzza has considerable experience in energy and infrastructure project finance. Of late he has been particularly dedicated to the renewables sector.” Chambers Europe 2016
- Banking and finance (Italy): “Arturo Sferruzza specialises in the energy and infrastructure sectors. Clients appreciate his high level of experience and ability to always ensure consistent quality.” Chambers Global 2016
- Banking and finance (Europe wide): Europe-wide the banking and finance lawyers are “very available and flexible, knowledgeable and to the point. They are precise over high volumes of documentation, discreet and well-measured. Notable practitioners include Arturo Sferruzza in Milan.” Chambers Global 2016
- Leading individual – Banking and finance. The Legal 500 EMEA 2016
- Energy: “Milan-based Arturo Sferruzza specialises in energy and infrastructure sector financings.” The Legal 500 EMEA 2016
Norton Rose Fulbright advises Kommunalkredit Austria on financing to Bluefield Partners for renewables acquisitions in Italy
February 10, 2021
Norton Rose Fulbright advises Enel on a partnership with QIA to develop renewables in Sub-Saharan Africa
January 14, 2021
December 29, 2020
| February 18, 2021
Publication | January 15, 2021
Publication | October 2020
Publication | October 01, 2020