Norton Rose Fulbright Studio Legale
Related services and key industries
Luigi Costa is a finance, construction and M&A lawyer based in Milan. He focuses on energy, infrastructure, finance, debt restructuring and real estate.
Luigi has experience of matters involving banking and finance; real estate; M&A transactions; projects; corporate; acquisition and export credit financings; construction and engineering; civil; bankruptcy; and corporate law.
He regularly assists international and Italian lenders, funds, investors, developers, employers, contractors and suppliers on energy and infrastructure projects in private and public sectors both in Italy and abroad. He also has experience of assisting clients to participate in private and public tenders, debt restructuring and insolvency matters.
Luigi advises clients on photovoltaics; wind farms; biogas, biomass and hydroelectric; solar rooftops and greenhouses; natural gas co-generation; water desalination; storage and energy efficiency projects; landfills; hospitals; shopping centres and luxury resorts; highways; and schools.
Luigi trained with the firm and qualified as a lawyer 2012. He completed a six-month secondment in our Johannesburg office.
He is a native Italian speaker and is fluent in English.
Law degree - Bocconi University of Milan
Master Certificate in domestic and international banking law - IPSOA Training School.
- Avvocato, qualified in Italy 2012
- Ranked in Project finance. TopLegal Banking & Finance Guide, 2021
- Ranked in two categories: (i) Energy - Finance and Project finance; and (ii) Energy - Administrative law. TopLegal Energy Guide, 2020
- Named as a 'rising star' in two categories: (i) Banking and finance - Borrower side; and Banking and finance - Lender or Arranger side. Testimonials: 'Noted for project and acquisition finance, corporate lending and refinancing'; 'practice includes project and acquisition finance, corporate lending and refinancing' Legal 500 EMEA, 2020.
- Ranked in three categories: (i) Avvocati Best - Energy & Infrastructure; (ii) Avvocati Best - Project; (iii) Avvocati Selected - Finance. Milano Finanza Legal Award, 2020
- Ranked: Notable Practitioner - Energy and infrastructure: Project deveopment, M&A. IFLR1000, 2020.
- Named Next Generation Lawyer in two categories: (i) Banking and finance - Borrower side; and (ii) Banking and finance - Lender or Arranger side. Legal 500 EMEA, 2019.
- Ranked in Energy. Client comments include: 'Complete professional with great talent. I appreciated his determination and commitment. Dynamic and able to lead people to achieve results'. 'With more than ten transactions in the past year, Luigi has high-level skills and competence for origination, transaction management and excellent knowledge of commercial contracts relating to projects'. Legalcommunity Energy Report - The best in Italy, 2018.
- Ranked in Energy. Client comments include: 'Able to perform even within a short timescale.' 'Excellent work; extraordinary availability, dedication and proactivity.' Legalcommunity Energy Report - The Best in Italy, 2017.
- Mentioned in an article focused on future leaders in the Italian legal market (for banking and finance). Legalcommunity MAG, 2016.
March 29, 2021
Norton Rose Fulbright advises Enel on a partnership with QIA to develop renewables in Sub-Saharan Africa
January 14, 2021
December 29, 2020