Regulatory Affairs Advisor
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Daniel Nevzat is a manager within our Government Relations and Public Policy practice, based in London.
Daniel advises clients on UK and EU policy matters, with a particular focus on the financial services, energy and commodities sectors. Daniel provides strategic counsel and advocacy support to a range of clients, including financial institutions, corporations and trade associations, drawing on his knowledge of policy, process and key stakeholders.
Prior to joining us, Daniel managed the regulatory affairs function of a global asset management group, advising on regulatory policy, engagement and implementation issues. He then moved to a government affairs consultancy, where he advised banks, asset managers and market operators on policy and political matters.
Daniel is a graduate of the University of Manchester (Politics and Modern History, B.A. Hons), BPP University (Law, LL.B. Hons), and King's College London (International Financial Law, LL.M.). He also holds an Investment Management Certificate (IMC) from the CFA Society of the UK.
Daniel's working languages are English and French.
- Trade association and group of precious metals clearing banks - assisted with lobbying EU and national policymakers on the net stable funding requirement under CRR II
- Asset manager - advised on the impact of EU legislation on the prudential regulation and supervision investment firms, and assisted in drafting regulatory submissions and engaging EU and UK policymakers
- Trade association and its members - acted on the process and strategy for submitting a complaint to the European Ombudsman on the Money Market Funds Regulation
- Asset manager - advised on the interaction between Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors and fiduciary duties owed to its clients.
- Global asset manager - represented in drafting submissions and lobbying EU and UK regulators for the costs and charges disclosure requirements under the PRIIPs Regulation
- Global life insurer - advised on the law and regulation applicable to its lobbying activities in the UK, Ireland and EU, including registration, disclosure, and gifts and hospitality
- Global asset manager - advised on the impact of the MiFID II inducements and research rules, and assisted in drafting regulatory submissions and engaging EU and UK regulators
- Asset manager - acted on the impact of the EU sustainable finance package and international standards on climate-related disclosures.
- Brexit Tier 1 - Legal 500 UK, 2019
Publication | December 03, 2021
Webinar | November 18, 2021
Publication | October 18, 2021
Blog | July 29, 2021