WebinarCanada | October 28, 2021
What is lobbying and who must register? Certain types of communications with politicians and government officials are classified as lobbying under federal, provincial and municipal legislation, which require that they be registered.
Watch our webinar during which two lawyers and two government relations professionals explained what types of communications with government officials constitute lobbying and discussed best lobbying law compliance practices for businesses, associations and government relations professionals.
- Overview of lobbying laws
- Rules for in-house lobbyists
- Best compliance practices
- Rules for consultant lobbyists
- Richard A. Wagner, Senior Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright, Ottawa
- Sam Boutziouvis, Vice-President, Government Relations & Multilateral Development Institutions, SNC-Lavalin, Ottawa
- Jenna Anne de Jong, Senior Associate, Norton Rose Fulbright, Ottawa
- T. Howard Mains, Managing Principal & Owner, Tactix, Ottawa
This 60-minute webinar is available in English only.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits
|Law Society of Ontario | This program contains 1 hour of Substantive content.|
|Law Society of British Columbia | This program contains 1 hour of Substantive content.|
|Québec | This program contains 1 hour of content. If you watch the webinar in its entirety, you will be able to download your certificate of attendance that may be submitted to your professional order.|