Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Daniel Vicano is a construction and engineering lawyer based in Sydney.
Daniel specialises in project delivery advice and all forms of dispute resolution including litigation, adjudication, arbitration, mediation, and expert determination. He has acted in a number of high-value, complex construction and engineering disputes for a wide range of clients including principals, contractors, subcontractors, and consultants.
He has significant experience in various sectors of the construction industry and has advised clients in relation to rail, infrastructure, renewable energy, oil and gas, mining, industrial, and residential projects in a number of jurisdictions.
Daniel has been listed in Doyle's Guide 2022 of leading New South Wales Construction & Infrastructure Litigation Lawyers.
- Bachelor of Law, University of Western Sydney (2003)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Economics & Finance) University of Western Sydney (2002)
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2004
- Acciona Infrastructure Australia – Advising Acciona in relation to the delivery of the Sydney Light Rail project and subsequent disputes.
- Lendlease entities – Advising various Lendlease entities in proceedings commenced by the liquidators of the Hastie Group in the Federal Court, where the liquidators sought recovery of approx. $40m purportedly owing by the Lendlease entities across a number of subcontracts.
- John Holland – Advising John Holland in relation to a claim lodged in the Supreme Court of New South Wales by Woolworths for alleged defects to a head office building.
- Goldwind – Acting for Goldwind in relation to adjudications under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW) and subsequent proceedings commenced in the Supreme Court of New South Wales related to repayment of amounts drawn on bank guarantees.
- McConnell Dowell – Advising McConnell Dowell in the Supreme Court of New South Wales in a leading decision involving the application of the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW) on payment claims post contract termination.
- WSP (formerly Parsons Brinckerhoff) – Advising Parsons Brinckerhoff in the New South Wales Court of Appeal on a seminal case involving the service provisions of the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW).
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Society of Construction Law Australia
Publication | January 16, 2023
The duty of all statutory duties: The NSW Supreme Court confirms Part 4 of the Design and Building Practitioners Act has broad application
Publication | June 09, 2022