Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Steven Choi is a projects and construction lawyer based in Sydney, specialising in energy transition projects.
Steven acts for developers, councils, major property funds, contractors and sub-contractors, advising them on a wide range of energy transition, commercial, industrial, residential, data centre and social infrastructure projects across Australia and overseas.
Steven has extensive experience in preparing and negotiating a wide range of project agreements including bespoke EPC and O&M contracts and adapting and tailoring standard form contracts (such as Australian Standards and FIDIC) for the specific requirements of the project and client
- Admitted in New South Wales 2006
- CWP Renewables – on the development of Uungula Wind Farm (NSW) (400MW) and Sapphire BESS (30MW/30MWh) to be co-located with the Sapphire Wind Farm.
- RES – on its development and sale of Dulacca Wind Farm (QLD) (180 MW); Avonlie Solar Farm, NSW (226 MWp) and Emerald Solar Farm, QLD (89.5MWp).
- Wirsol on its purchase and development of Bomen Solar Farm, NSW (100 MW); Clermont Solar Farm, QLD (89 MW); Wemen Solar Farm, VIC (89 MW); Whitsunday Solar Farm, QLD (70 MW); Hamilton Solar Farm, QLD (57.5 MW); Gannawarra Solar Farm, VIC (50 MW) and Gannawarra ESS 25 (MW)/50 (MWh).
- Oxford Properties – on the development of the Pitt Street Integrated Development comprising of a new 39 level commercial tower and 39 level build-to-rent tower over the new Pitt Street Metro Station, Sydney.
- Investa – on the development of 33 level commercial towers at 60 Martin Place Sydney; 18 level commercial towers at 151 Clarence St Sydney and redevelopment of 388 George Street Sydney (co-owner Brookfield).
- Social infrastructure – advising City of Parramatta Council on the development of the new Parramatta aquatic and leisure centre and City of Canada Bay Council on the redevelopment of Concord Oval in Sydney.
- Healthcare projects – advising Calvary on its development of Bruce private hospital in ACT; Adelaide Hospital in SA; upgrade of St Luke's Hospital TAS; upgrade of Riverina Surgicentre, NSW and a new aged care facility in Ryde NSW. Advising DPA Health on Somerset Private Hospital, NSW; Sunshine Coast Private Hospital, QLD and Eastlakes Hospital, SA.
- Data centres – advising Digital Reality on its development of Deer Park data centre in Victoria and Erskine Park data centre in NSW. AirTrunk on its datacentres in Japan; Hewlett Packard's Aurora data centre at Eastern Creek NSW.