Senior Innovation Lawyer (Dispute Resolution)
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Elizabeth McArthur is a dispute resolution lawyer based in London.
Elizabeth deals with a wide variety of transport and energy disputes with a particular focus on shipping and aviation. Elizabeth also deals with general commercial disputes. Her work covers general maritime and aviation disputes, such as lease and charterparty disputes, aircraft redelivery disputes, aircraft repossessions, problem loans, mortgage enforcements, shipbuilding disputes, ship sale and purchase disputes, charterparty disputes and general aviation and shipping work.
Elizabeth's contentious experience includes, amongst other things, Commercial Court claims, international arbitration (ICC and LMAA) and Privy Council hearings. Elizabeth also advises on non-contentious matters, such as advising on standard terms and contractual interpretation, and reviewing agreements and clauses in financing and acquisition transactions.
Following her seven month secondment to easyJet, Elizabeth has a great deal of general commercial experience and advised on a range of areas, including data protection, consumer regulation, intellectual property, advertising, marketing and gambling in the context of airlines.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Acted for an aircraft lessor in an ICC Arbitration relating to breach of lease provisions and non-compliance with return conditions.
- Advising a shipping investment company for two vessels. These complex disputes involved a London arbitration for early termination for one vessel and two High Court claims of the financing arrangements for the other vessel.
- Handling summary judgment proceedings on behalf of lenders in the shipping context.
- Advising lessors in various jurisdictions on lease disputes and recovery of unpaid rent.
- Acting for a commodity trading company on demurrage claims and handling an application for judgment in default.
- Advising lenders and ECAs in respect of aircraft repossessions and Cape Town Convention matters.
- Advising banks on mortgage enforcements arising from defaults under ship and aircraft financing arrangements.
- Acting for a bank in a High Court claim for summary judgment for a guarantee dispute relating to the financing of a shipping transaction.
- Advising financial institutions on guarantee claims arising from defaults under asset financing arrangements.
- Advising on charterparty disputes and reviewing and analysing various different chartering arrangements.
- Advising on lease delivery disputes and reviewing and analysing various different aircraft leasing arrangements.
- Coordinating and providing a multi-jurisdictional legal and regulatory review for an aviation client and its operations and bases in over 80 jurisdictions.
- Mandarin Chinese
Case summary: Argos Pereira España SL and another v Athenian Marine Ltd
Publication | July 19, 2021