Peter Noble has practiced in London since 1996, having previously practiced in the Montréal office. His practice involves corporate and securities law, with an emphasis on corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions.
Peter regularly acts for Canadian sovereign, corporate and financial institution issuers or their international dealers in the international debt markets (including European medium-term note programs, stand-alone issues and covered bond programs) and for international dealers and foreign issuers in respect of securities offerings in Canada on a private and public basis (including Maple bonds).
Peter has participated in debt and equity financings in Canada for both issuers and underwriters by way of public offerings and private placements, as well as offerings by Canadian issuers under the Multijurisdictional Disclosure System adopted by the US Securities and Exchange Commission and Canadian securities regulatory authorities. He has participated in a number of initial public offerings in various industry segments, including telecommunications and technology.
In addition to his securities work, Peter has participated in the purchase and sale/combination of businesses in Canada, including the formation of international and domestic joint ventures in the telecommunications industry.
He has been described as an "expectional lawyer" who "stands out from his competitors" in The Legal 500 UK 2021, having received praise for "a high level of institutional and industry knowledge". The Legal 500 has also recognised Peter as a "leading individual" in debt capital markets.
Peter acted recently for the following clients:
- VW Credit Canada, Inc. in connection with the renewal of Volkswagen’s €25bn debt issuance program;
- Bombardier Inc. on a new European offering of €780m aggregate principal amount of new senior notes due 2021 and debt tender offers to purchase certain series of Bombardier’s outstanding notes;
- The dealers on the renewal of National Bank of Canada’s US$5bn euro note program;
- The underwriters, in connection with Quebec’s issue of US$1.5bn of 3.50% global notes series QJ due July 29, 2020;
- The issuer, in connection with Royal Bank of Canada’s update of its US$40bn program for the issuance of securities;
- The dealers on the Province of Manitoba’s issue of US$600m of 2.625% global debentures series FQ due July 15, 2015;
- Royal Bank of Canada in connection with the US$1.5 billion offering of covered bonds, under Rule 144A in the United States, on a private placement basis in Canada, and in Europe
- Royal Bank of Canada in connection with the offering in Canada of covered bonds in an aggregate amount of $850 million due March 16, 2015;
- The dealers on the issue of US$600m 2.125% global debentures series FO due April 22, 2013, by the Province of Manitoba;
- The dealers on the update of Province of Manitoba’s US$2.5bn euro medium-term note program.
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2013-2014: Corporate/M&A (Experts Based Abroad)
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2012: Corporate/M&A (UK), Capital Markets: Debt (UK), Corporate/M&A (Canada)
- IFLR (International Financial Law Review) 1000 - The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms - Leading lawyer in capital markets, 2012-2014
- Canadian Bar Association
- International Primary Market Association
- Canadian representative on Working Groups on EU financial services directives
The European Parliament and European Council adopt the European Green Bonds Regulation, the new voluntary standard to fight greenwashing
Publication | October 30, 2023
Publication | March 09, 2023
Publication | February 21, 2023