Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Tommy Wong practises corporate and securities law with a focus on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and private equity.
Mr. Wong enjoys working with clients to achieve their business objectives. His legal expertise, transaction experience and business acumen enable him to provide pragmatic advice and creative legal solutions. He has experience in:
- Corporate finance and securities, including private and public offerings of debt and equity securities in Canada and cross-border for companies ranging from initial financing rounds and initial public offerings to cross-border public offerings;
- Mergers and acquisitions of private and public companies, domestic and cross-border; and
- Private equity, including establishment of private equity funds and co-investment programs, representing both investor and investee companies.
- Alberta 2012
- Ontario 2010
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- Icahn Enterprises
- USD$340 million acquisition of the US automotive aftermarket product distribution business of TSX-listed Uni Select Inc.
- Schlumberger Canada Limited
- Five private acquisitions for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $280 million
- Arriva Energy Inc.
- Take-over bid by Petrus Resources Ltd. for aggregate cash consideration of $103 million
- Natural Gas Partners
- Investments in Mosaic Energy Ltd. and Petrus Resources Ltd., companies focused on oil and gas exploration activities
- Toronto Hydro Corporation
- $1 billion base shelf prospectus and medium-term note program
- Argent Energy Trust
- Initial public offering and three subsequent offerings of trust units in the amounts of $244 million, $127 million, $100 million and $83 million respectively
- MEG Energy Corp.
- $400 million public offering and concurrent $400 million private placement of common shares
- Veresen Inc.
- $3 billion base shelf prospectus and medium-term note program
- $285 million public offering of common shares
- Cenovus Energy Inc.
- $1.5 billion medium-term note program
- Acting for various managers with respect to the launch of private equity funds focused on:
- Private lending opportunities;
- Commercial properties in the United States;
- Acquisition of operating business primarily located in western Canada;
- Acquisition of conventional oil and gas assets in western Canada;
- Equipment financing and leasing;
- Canadian farmland; and
- Royalty-based financing.