Senior Advisor, Risk Advisory
Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Danielle Avery is a senior risk consultant based in Sydney.
She has almost 25 years international experience in legal, risk and strategy roles in a career spanning professional services and business.
Danielle has led legal teams in Australia and the United States on major transactions, and has also managed risk and compliance functions and risk, regulatory and governance projects. Having spent almost a decade working in a variety of executive roles within a large financial institution, she has also been responsible for the design and implementation of business strategy, transformation and continuous improvement programs in financial services.
Working with a team of multi-disciplinary experts within Norton Rose Fulbright's Risk Advisory practice, Danielle specialises in helping clients to implement more effective governance and non-financial risk and compliance management frameworks. Her work includes designing and delivering tailored solutions to operationalise legal requirements, to identify and manage operational and conduct risks, and to support businesses to embed change more effectively.
She is acknowledged for her versatility and determination, offering clients a pragmatic approach to navigating complex organisational challenges. Danielle is skilful at fostering collaboration, as well as providing leadership cut-through, to deliver transformation in organisations facing the increasing demands of regulation, emerging risks, competing business priorities and structural change. She is widely recognised for her integrity, honesty and open and engaging leadership style.
- Led overview of risk management framework and compliance plan for regional compliance function of a global commodities company, including assisting with framework gap analysis and advising on policies and procedures, guidelines and operational tools, risk assessments, control mapping, training, issue escalation processes, governance and reporting practices.
- Led the implementation and change management work stream relating to the regulatory obligations of a wealth advice business, in response to investigations and correspondence from ASIC. Following the review and revision of existing policies and procedures, advised on the implementation strategy, including designing and delivering a webinar based learning module to approximately 2,000 employees, and complimentary tailored face-to-face seminars and support to senior managers and business leaders.
- Led implementation of governance and reporting frameworks, enhanced protocols for effective issue and incident management, crisis management and business continuity planning, periodic control assessments and risk profile reviews, scenario analyses, product development policies, risk technology platform uplift and risk culture initiatives for an institutional banking business.
- Led redesign of business strategy and investment prioritisation, and established and led strategic, transformation, and continuous improvement programs for an institutional banking business.
- Led business operations function for an institutional transactional banking business, including data analytics and management, business planning, internal and regulatory communications and investor relations requirements.
- Led implementation of the Group-wide business strategy for a major Australian financial institution, including ensuring effective program mobilisation, governance, communications, stakeholder engagement and coordination of workshops and reporting for Board and Group Executive.
- Lead legal advisor for Treasury of a major Australian financial institution on global legal and regulatory compliance and issuance under wholesale term funding programs and capital transactions, including advisor on financial and regulatory reporting and market disclosure issues.
- Senior legal advisor to issuers and investment banks in U.S. capital markets transactions, including private placements and public debt and equity offerings, stock exchange listings, issuance programs, business acquisitions, joint ventures and restructures, and advisor on U.S. regulatory compliance, disclosure, governance, and securities law issues.
Publication | April 27, 2021
Publication | March 23, 2021
Publication | March 03, 2021
Publication | November 30, 2020