Our Global Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Council (GDIAC), led by Sally Macindoe, global head of diversity and inclusion, is the agency which oversees the five strands of our diversity and inclusion strategy, providing leadership and best practice. Our regional managing partners, global practice leaders and other senior leaders sit on the GDIAC and report quarterly to our Global Executive Committee as part of our commitment to promoting and sustaining a culture that values the diversity of its people.
GDIAC has set a target for female partners to constitute 30 percent of our global partnership by 2020, something we have already achieved in our global partnership and our global management boards. We remain committed to achieving a 30 percent target for women in senior leadership positions across the firm within the same timeframe. Our Australian and South African operations have already exceeded this target, and our EMEA and Canadian operations are making good progress towards this goal. In the US, our male/female leadership split is broadly consistent with that of other global law firms at 20 percent, but we are working on raising this figure.
Our Executive Committee is discussing a further extension to our gender diversity target.
- Sally Macindoe, global head of diversity and inclusion
- Peter Martyr, CEO
- Jane Caskey, global head of risk advisory
- Kevin Hogarth, global director of people and culture
- Charles Hurdon, managing partner, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
- Daryl Lansdale, managing partner, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- Martin McCann, global head of business
- Victor Nunez, global chief financial officer
- Rob Otty, managing partner, business integration, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
- Gerry Pecht, global head of dispute resolution and litigation
- Martin Scott, managing partner, Europe, Middle East and Asia
- Laura Shumiloff, global director of corporate communications and marketing
- Wayne Spanner, managing partner, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
- Marelise van der Westhuizen, chief executive officer, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc