Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
- Energy and infrastructure M&A
- Tech sector
- Financial investors
- Climate change and sustainability
Key industry sectors
Dr. Klaus Bader is a corporate lawyer based in Munich and head of our European energy practice.
He has in-depth experience in domestic and cross-border M&A and private equity transactions, joint ventures and corporate reorganizations with a strong focus on the energy, infrastructure and technology sector. He works predominantly for infrastructure and private equity funds and international corporates.
Klaus is recommended as a notable practitioner for corporate M&A and energy in all leading legal directories.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
Law degree, University of Regensburg, and doctoral degree in law (summa cum laude)
- Rechtsanwalt 2000
- Steuerberater 2003
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. - on its acquisition of Sunovis, a solar project design and development company
- The shareholders of vertical farming company &ever GmbH - on the sale of their shares in &ever GmbH to Kalera
- JERA Americas Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Japan's largest power producer JERA Co., Inc., - on its primary and secondary investment as lead investor of an investment consortium in Hydrogenious LOHC Technologies GmbH, a company active in the field of production and sale of process-technology equipment for storage and delivery of liquid organic hydrogen carriers
- Tiger Infrastructure Partners - on their investment in electric vehicle charging station operator Qwello GmbH
- Total Renewables S.A.S. - on its agreement with wpd to acquire 23 percent interest in Yunlin Holding GmbH, the owner of Yunlin offshore wind farm located off the coast of Taiwan
- SUSI Partners AG - on the establishment of an onshore wind and solar joint venture in Poland with a market leading Polish project development and SUSI Partners AG As controlling majority shareholder
- MEAG - on the sale of the 109 MW German onshore wind project Aquilo in an auction process
- wpd invest GmbH / Green Return Fund 3 - on the sale of its project shares in offshore wind farm Veja Mate to a Luxemburg fund of Alte Leipziger
- Smart Energy Innovationsfonds (SEIF) - on the disposal of shares in Liquind 24/7 GmbH, a German developer of LNG filling stations
- Enel X - on its investment in e-mobility platform Hubject.
Recognized for Corporate, M&A and Tax, Best Lawyers, 2022
Energy Projects Advisory Expert of the Year in Germany, Lawyer Network Annual Awards, 2021
Frequently recommended for M&A and Energy, Juve, 2020-2021
Notable practitioner in the areas of M&A, Private Equity, Energy, IFLR100, 2020
The Legal 500 Germany, 2020, Energy: "Norton Rose Fulbright stands out from other market participants for its strong geothermal practice, the specialisation on energy storage and growing activity in Africa and other emerging markets. The mostly Munich based team is part of the firm's international energy practice and regularly works together with the other European offices on cross-border matters. The team is led by Klaus Bader and advises both established utilities and start-ups, often in matters related to digitalisation."
- European Corporate Law – Article-by-Article Commentary, 2021, ed. Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Peter Kindler, Prof. Dr. Jan Lieder, LL.M, in the series IEBL – International and European Business Law, ed. Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Reiner Schulze, Prof. Dr. Matthias Lehmann, D.E.A., LL.M.
- Commentary on Art. 13 GmbHG, GmbHG.Kommentar.de – online commentary on the German limited liability company act, ed. von Göler (gmbhg.kommentar.de)
- Ausschreibungen für onshore Wind nach dem EEG 2017 – strategische Handlungs- und Finanzierungsoptionen (Auctions for onshore wind under the EEG 2017 – strategic options for action and financing), eine Studie von Norton Rose Fulbright, Berenberg, BayernLB und Hypoport, Mai 2017
- Opportunities in German Geothermal energy, InfraNews, 16. Februar 2017
- Wer finanziert die deutsche Energiewende? – Investitionskriterien und Profile einzelner Investorengruppen (Who pays for the German Energiewende? – Investment criteria and profiles of various groups of investors); Finanzierung Erneuerbarer Energien, Hrsg. Markus Gerhard, Thomas Rüschen, Armin Sandhövel, Frankfurt School Verlag, S. 861 ff.
Climate Tech VC Insight
Publication | February 07, 2023
Energy transition newsletter: Issue 2
Publication | February 2023
Publication | July 01, 2021