Joint Head of Moscow
Norton Rose Fulbright (Central Europe) LLP
Related services and key industries
- Capital markets
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Oil and gas
- Sports law
- Climate change and sustainability
Anatoly Andriash is a corporate lawyer based in Moscow.
He has substantial experience of corporate transactions and works across the energy and natural resources, M&A, corporate/commercial and project development/finance sectors.
Anatoly advises on Russian inward and outward investments, joint ventures, private equity, cross-border acquisitions and disposals. He became a partner in 2002.
Anatoly is highly regarded in energy and infrastructure, project development, project finance, M&A, energy, oil and gas and mining, and is regularly cited in the leading legal directories including Chambers and Partners, The Legal 500, Best Lawyers, Who's Who Legal and IFLR1000.
- International Law, Moscow State Institute of International Relations, 1994
- MBA, OU Business School in London, 2005
- MSc in International Finance and Management from, OU Business School in London, 2010
- History of Arts, Russian State University for the Humanities, 2020
- Lawyer, qualified in Russia
- Shell on the 50/50 joint venture between Gazprom Neft and Shell for the exploration of the Pukhutsayakhsky and Leskinsky fields in Western Siberia
- (the Gydan peninsula)
- Shell on its Meretoyahaneftegaz joint venture with Gazprom Neft and subsequent termination of this joint venture
- Novatek on marketing and shipping issues of Arctic LNG II project, including customs aspects
- Rosneft on sale of 11 percent in JSC "Vankorneft" to ONGC Videsh Limited for approximately US$930m
- Chinese investment fund HOPU on the acquisition of a minority stake in the Bystrinskoye mine in the Zabaikal region from Norilsk Nickel and setting up a joint venture
- Jilin HOROC Nonferrous Metal Group Co Ltd on obtaining the approval of the Government commission on foreign investments of Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service for the acquisition of a blocking stake in CJSC Geotechnology, which owns a licence for copper, cobalt and nickel deposits in the Kamchatka peninsula.
- Acritas Stars™, Stand-out Lawyer, 2021
- Chambers & Partners, Energy and natural resources, 2008-2021
- Chambers & Partners, Energy and natural resources: mining, 2008-2019
- The Legal 500, Leading individual in Energy and natural resources, 2019-2021
- Best Lawyers, Energy and natural resources, Investments, M&A, Oil and gas, Project finance, Telecommunications, 2011-2021
- Best Lawyers, Mining 'Lawyer of the Year', 2017
- Who's Who Legal International, Energy, 2013-2020
- Who's Who Legal International, Mining, 2013-2021
- IFLR1000, Leading Lawyer- Highly Regarded for Russia in Energy and natural resources, M&A, Project development, Project finance, 2019-2021
- Co-author, "The latest changes to the Russian mining legislation", Gold and Technologies magazine, September 2020
- Co-author of the Law and Practice section of the Russia chapter of Chambers & Partners' Energy: Oil and Gas Guide 2020 and 2019
- Co-author of the Law and Practice section of the Russia chapter of Chambers & Partners' Mining Guide 2019
Anatoly is a regular speaker at high-profile conferences both in Moscow and internationally, including, most recently, on the legal aspects of foreign direct investments in Russia's oil and gas sector at the St Petersburg Legal Forum.
- Speaker, "Risk Service Agreements in the Oil Industry: International Experience and Practice of Use in Russia", Sakhalin Oil and Gas Conference, Adam Smith Conferences, September 25, 2019
- Speaker, "Good Faith of Natural Resources Management in Russian and Foreign Law: the Concept and Criteria", St Petersburg Legal Forum, May 17, 2018
- Speaker, "Contractual Instruments in Sphere of Subsoil Use: International and Russian Experience", St Petersburg Legal Forum, May 19, 2017