Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
KayLynn Litton is the Canadian head of our energy sector. She regularly assists clients on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters, including domestic and international acquisitions and divestitures, joint venture projects, midstream contracts, corporate reorganizations, Indigenous consultation and general contractual matters. Her practice includes negotiating and drafting complex transactional, corporate, commercial and operational agreements for clients in a variety of energy industry sectors.
LL.B., University of Calgary, 1996
B.A., University of North Dakota, 1988
- Alberta 1997
Ms. Litton has advised the following clients recently:
- Wolf Carbon Solutions Inc. in its acquisition of an interest in the Alberta Carbon Trunk Line, a 240-kilometre pipeline that will collect carbon dioxide from industrial emitters in and around Alberta's industrial heartland and transport it to aging reservoirs throughout central and southern Alberta for secure storage and enhanced oil recovery projects, including the negotiation of project development, midstream services and other related agreements
- Total E&P Canada Ltd. in the sale of its interest in the Joslyn oil sands project to Canadian Natural Resources Limited
- Wolf Midstream Inc. in the acquisition from MEG Energy Corp. of MEG's 50% ownership interest in Access Pipeline and a 100% ownership interest in the Stonefell Terminal for C$1.5 billion, including capital commitments of approximately C$90 million, and the related negotiation of a transportation services agreement with an initial term commitment of 30 years from MEG with respect to transportation services on Access and a lease agreement for the use of the Stonefell Terminal
- Wolf Midstream Inc. in connection with its C$1.4 billion acquisition of a 50% interest in the Access Pipeline system from Devon Energy, including the negotiation of a long-term transportation services agreement between Devon and Wolf Midstream and a dedication of Devon's thermal-oil acreage to Access for an initial term of 25 years
- PetroGas Energy Corp. in the development of Strathcona Storage Limited Partnership, a joint venture with ATCO Energy Solutions Ltd., including the negotiation of organizational agreements, NGL storage services agreements, and other project development agreements
- Vermilion Energy Inc. on its acquisition of a private Saskatchewan producer for total consideration of C$400 million
- Vermilion Energy Inc. on its acquisition of interests in producing natural gas fields and a surrounding exploration licence located in northwest Germany from GDF SUEZ E&P Deutschland GmbH for total adjusted consideration of approximately US$170 million
- A major multi-national corporation on its approximately $1 billion acquisition of interests in an LNG project and related assets
- Connacher Oil and Gas Limited on its US$201 million sale of subsidiaries holding an oil refinery located in Montana
- Vermilion Energy Inc. on its €130 million acquisition of interests in six producing fields located in the Paris and Aquitaine basins in France from Total E&P France
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Energy Law, 2016-2024, Corporate Law, 2024
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Oil & Gas (Transactional), Chambers and Partners, 2022-2024
- Chambers Global, Canada: Oil & Gas (Transactional), Chambers and Partners, 2022-2024
- Who's Who Legal: Canada - Energy 2016-2023
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2016, 2019-2023: recommended in Energy (Oil & Gas)
- Getting the Deal Through: Energy Disputes (Canada Chapter), 2016 - 2019.
- “Recent Judicial Developments of Interest to Oil and Gas Lawyers,” 2008.
- “Consultation with Aboriginal Peoples: Impacts on the Petroleum Industry,” 2003.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Calgary Bar Association
- Canadian Energy Law Foundation (former director and president)
- Women in Need Society of Calgary (director and officer)