Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Michelle George is a dispute resolution lawyer based in London.
She has more than 25 years' experience handling complex and high value commercial disputes, including a wide range of product, industrial disease and professional liability claims. Michelle represents clients in relation to court proceedings in the UK and overseas as well as arbitration proceedings (including LCIA, ICC and ICSID) in numerous jurisdictions, most recently the US and Bermuda. Michelle regularly represents clients on jurisdiction issues and the disputes regularly involve an international element. Michelle’s clients include insurance and reinsurance companies, airlines, telecommunications, energy related and construction companies and private equity houses.
University of London, Bedford College, B.A., 1984
The College of Law (London UK), C.P.E., 1985
The College of Law (London UK), Law Society Finals, 1986
- England and Wales
- Representing various Lloyd's Syndicates with respect to a range of professional liability claims against certain firms of solicitors relating to eg. matrimonial and criminal matters and commercial and residential property related transactions.
- Representing a leading US company in London with respect to various High Court and arbitration proceedings involving claims arising from alleged exposure to asbestos, pollution and other health hazards in the US and the UK, including the well-known EL Trigger litigation relating to UK mesothelioma claims.
- Representing an insurance company with respect to arbitration proceedings arising from a patent related insurance claim by an Israeli pharmaceutical company.
- Representing a leading US insurance company in relation to an arbitration initiated by a leading US pharmaceutical company following settlement of approximately $1 billion of death and personal injury claims relating to a contraceptive drug.
- Representing a major Swiss Insurance company in relation to a Bermuda arbitration brought by a prominent US pharmaceutical company arising from settlements exceeding £1.2 billion of numerous personal injury and death claims relating to a newly developed atypical antipsychotic drug.
- Representing a leading US insurance company with respect to UNCITRAL arbitrations in Bermuda involving two major accounting firms relating to audit malpractice and tax shelter claim litigation in the US.
- Representing a leading US aircraft manufacturer in relation to numerous personal injury claims arising from various incidents in the UK and elsewhere and related proceedings in the US.
- Representing a major US insurance group in relation to multiple insurance and reinsurance proceedings in the UK and the US involving in excess of US$300 million of claims relating to film finance.
- Representing a Lloyd's syndicate with respect to various insurance related disputes arising from refinery and marine cargo losses.
- British Insurance Law Association (BILA)
- Association Internationale de Droit des Assurances (AIDA), Reinsurance Working Group
- AIDA Reinsurance and Insurance Arbitration Society (ARIAS US)
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Law Society's Civil Litigation Section
- City of London Law Society
Webinar | May 26, 2020
Publication | November 15, 2019