Related services and key industries
Laura Smith is an associate in Norton Rose Fulbright's Dallas office. Her practice focuses primarily on commercial bankruptcy and includes representation of debtors, lenders, creditors, and trustees under chapter 11 and 7 of the Bankruptcy Code. She represents debtors, lenders, lessors, landlords, financial institutions, and trustees in chapter 11 and chapter 7 bankruptcy cases as well as adversary proceedings.
- JD, cum laude, Southern Methodist University, 2008
- BS, summa cum laude, Boston University, 2005
While in law school, was a member of the Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Team. Results included a first-place finish in the Regional Elliot Cup Competition and runner-up in the National Duberstein Competition.
- Texas State Bar
- Representation of secured lender in multi-debtor chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding involving franchisor of Mr. Gatti's Pizza and GiGi's Cupcakes.
- Representation of Chapter 7 trustee in an appeal regarding the issue of personal jurisdiction over a defendant in an adversary proceeding.
- Representation of publicly-traded medical device company in chapter 11 case.
- Author, "Keeping up with the Joneses: In bold cross-border move, the DIFC enacts new insolvency law," Norton Rose Fulbright International Restructuring Newswire, October 2019
- The Chambers/Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference, April 19, 2019
- Career Law Clerk, Honorable Stacey G.C. Jernigan, 2009-2019
- Member, The Honorable John C. Ford American Inn of Court
- Chair-Elect, International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Member, DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers