Financial institutions, funds, bondholders and major corporations regularly depend on our global bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency team to help manage their exposure to financially troubled companies.
Our lawyers help clients successfully navigate the complex issues that accompany the development of a viable plan to maximize creditor recovery in troubled business settings. Working in tandem with lawyers in more than 50 offices across the world, we are able to assist clients across the globe in recovering and reducing losses.
We have represented major interests in some of the world’s most high-profile bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency cases, including representation of US and foreign banks, investment banks, insurance companies, bondholders and other creditors in dealing with their exposures to companies facing financial distress. We have particular experience in representing leading financial institutions such as JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Citigroup, Bank of New York Mellon, BNP Paribas and The Royal Bank of Scotland as agents for lenders groups in large, often multi-national restructurings and Chapter 11 cases.
Our areas of work include
- Bankruptcy investigations and examiner representation
- Chapter 11 debtor and trustee representation
- Complex loan restructurings
- Cross-border insolvency representation
- Debtor-in-possession and exit financings
- Energy sector restructurings
- Executory contracts, leases, intellectual property licenses and forward, swap and trading contracts
- International bankruptcy cases, insolvency arbitrations and cross-border proceedings
- Lender liability
- Litigation and disputes
- Municipal restructuring and bankruptcy
- Official creditors’ committee representation
- Pre-packaged, pre-negotiated and traditional plans
- Sale and purchase of distressed assets, debt and portfolios
- Valuation and solvency proceedings