Our lawyers have handled numerous portfolio, single asset and company sales in the power and infrastructure sectors with deal credits that include acquisitions or sales of electric utilities, independent power companies, transmission lines, gas pipelines, ports, mines, project development pipelines and operating projects in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Israel, Italy, the Netherlands, France, Romania, Mexico, Chile, Panama, United Arab Emirates, Estonia, Yemen, Bangladesh, Turkey, Algeria, Russia, Republic of Uzbekistan, Panama, Republic of Georgia, Puerto Rico, Germany, China, Republic of Guatemala, Nigeria, Kazakhstan, El Salvador, Argentina, South Africa, Senegal, Pakistan, Côte d’Ivoire, Uganda, Philippines, Egypt, Bolivia, Republic of Korea, Jamaica, United Kingdom, Poland, Ukraine, Australia, Brazil, Peru and Cameroon.
“Norton Rose Fulbright stands out as a global leader in a broad range of energy and infrastructure projects.” Chambers Global, 2022
Worldwide, our lawyers have decades of experience working with developers to take projects from start to finish, giving unique insight into where to probe during diligence. We have particular experience providing legal guidance on buying assets out of bankruptcy, and we are well-schooled in the complicated issues that come into play in cross-border transactions.
Our M&A experience spans the sector, including power and transmission, oil and gas, LNG and renewable energy. We represent all the key players in M&A transactions, including strategic and financial buyers and sellers, targets, private equity investors and leveraged buyout groups, independent board committees, financial advisors and financial institutions providing debt and equity acquisition financing.
Our areas of work include
- Agency finance
- Asset finance, including equipment financing
- Debt financing
- Energy projects, including LNG, oil and gas, renewables and power and transmission
- Infrastructure financing, including roads and ports
- Public-Private Partnerships (PPP)
- Structured financing
- Tax equity
- Telecom financing
- Workouts and restructurings
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Projects and Energy (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Projects and Energy: Mining and Minerals (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Projects and Energy: Oil and Gas (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Projects and Energy: Power (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2022
June 28, 2022
June 13, 2022
February 10, 2020